Freelancing and arbitration. Something has to change, otherwise it's a dead end! - page 7

I would like to disagree with you, Andrew.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Any automatic completion option would be extremely detrimental -- because it would lead to mass completions in favour of the developer -- and of course, for jobs which are "out of the question".

In the case of a board with an arbitrary deadlock and a pile of defects in the board, the client bailed -- there are plenty of those situations, and if we force automatic completion of "abandoned" jobs, it will lead to the completion of such tasks, which is totally unacceptable.

I don't know the average temperature in the room, but I daresay that an adequate customer won't bail just because "the dialogue has reached an impasse". At a minimum, he will file for arbitration, but will not leave without getting at least something for his money.

Well, if he won't come forward either personally or through the Arbitrator, where to find him... Then close the dangling orders 50/50. Why hang a developer with dangling orders that the client simply doesn't want to communicate? This is childishness, not an adult approach! Think about who is the weakest link in this situation. Clearly not the customer, who even dumped and left his money hanging, can make a new account and be again a white and fluffy. And the customer will be left with a dangling order, no money and with the arbitrage in the worst case.

Also, I propose to complete the orderafter the confirmation of a demonstration, that is, when the customer has confirmed that he got what he wanted (well, even with some reservations). No one is not forcing him to press the button if he's not satisfied with the product. I am just saying

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

... will lead to mass completions in favour of the developer -- and for that matter, for work which is "just waiting to be done".

P.S. Give me the statistics you mentioned, Andrei. So you don't have to be unsubstantiated and talk to the subject matter. Although each situation is individual, and I am sure that the developer is less to blame for the dangling orders.

Andrey Kaunov:

I would like to disagree with you, Andrei.

P.S. Give me the statistics, Andrew, that you mentioned. So you don't have to be unsubstantiated and talk substantively. ...

I'm not in a dialogue -- take my post above "as is" -- if there are doubts about his theses, then fine

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

I'm not in a dialogue -- take my post above "as is" -- if there are doubts about his theses, that's fine

Taking things as they are seems to have been implanted into the genes of all Russians since the maternity ward. But if now the service is being modernized at a Stakhanovite pace, as Renat writes, is there any chance that the wishes of all parties will be taken into account? Including the humble programmers, who also bring a small kopeck to the common basket of the site.

Andrey Kaunov:

To take everything as it is, it seems to have been sewn into the genes of all Russians since the maternity ward....

What does this nonsense have to do with anything?

Andrey Kaunov:

The way, of course, is good. But I recently had a principled customer who wouldn't close the order until he got the source code.

Who is adamant? The client who demands the source code or the woman who stuck her neck out and does not want to give up the source code? Is there only one customer? :)

There are ready-made rules and procedures for settling disputes. They dropped the source code and forgot. Then, if anything, the arbitration will solve it...

Men are in the beer garden, dear man. Don't confuse the issue. If you order work from men, any outcome is possible.

And any adequate programmer (not wanting to collect 50% of arbitrage of all work) always at the end of the order asks himself a question, and whether the customer completes the last phase of work. Or he will leave after receiving source code, having decided that he does not owe anyone anything. Especially, newcomers, with existing slowness of chat correspondence.

Andrey Kaunov:

Men are in the beer garden, dear man. Don't confuse the issue. If you order work from men, any outcome is possible.

And any adequate programmer (not wanting to collect 50% of arbitrage of all work) always at the closure of the order asks himself a question, and whether the customer completes the last phase of work. Or he will leave after receiving source code, having decided that he does not owe anyone anything. Especially, newcomers, with existing slowness of chat correspondence.

Sorry, tweaked...

I see, Eugene, you have not been taught the culture of communication. I sincerely sympathize with you.

Rhetorical (for Eugene - not demanding an answer) question. Who do you think has more chances to be lost? A programmer with a source code, which in most cases he does not need. Or the customer, who believes that he has paid the money and does not owe anyone anything.

Yevhenii Levchenko:
Who is the man of principle? The customer who demands the source material or the man who sticks his neck out and won't give up the source material? Is there only one customer? :)

There are ready-made rules and procedures for settling disputes. They dropped the source code and forgot. Then, if anything, the arbitration will solve it...

Unseemly.

Yevhenii Levchenko:
Sorry, tweaked...

Even more ugly. You behave in the conversation just as you tweaked it.

Reason: