Record on the Market - page 16

By the way, folks, the situation on the Market reminds me very much of the shareware sector in the late 90's. Programmers got their hands on the Internet and started churning out all sorts of small programs in huge quantities.

Interestingly, even programs like CD-Ejector were in demand - there was an icon in tray, clicked it - your drive was moved, clicked again - arrived. Rich bums were paying $10 each to register, and the author "in peak" was getting $1000 a month.

But then everything dried up. People got fed up. Software archives became "file dumpsters". Much effort was already needed to promote the products. And in the end, homemade products were all stung. Though there were very useful things among them - for example I still use Chronocontrol, from that time.

I suspect that the same fate awaits Market...

Andrey Barinov:

Please explain how to promote your products from the marketplace via freelance?

Promoting through a personal account is called spam and is forbidden by the resource's rules.

You just open a thread and promote the product. You show them how you make money with it. What benefits it provides in the work. And people will come.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

1. freelance - you've done the work, the client and developer profile are known - write the phrase: "look at my products - this one might be of interest to you because it covers a particular aspect of your area of interest" - etc. etc.

2."personal" meant"profile" -- list of "friends", newsfeed

Agree that both of these ways are, to say the least, ineffective.

№1. Doing the work to show your products to one customer?

№2. The English part of the forum recently had a thread for banning users in bulk for adding to friends. I.e. it is also not quite by the rules of the resource.

In general, it seems to me that the resource (Market) is ripe for the introduction of paid advertising opportunities for their work.

For example, a new section in the newsletter (now there are the most popular and most downloadable free) - advertising. And the author of the product pays for space in the newsletter...

Georgiy Merts:

You just start a branch and promote the product. You show how you make money with it. What advantages it gives you in your work. And people will come.

You try it. See how many minutes the thread lasts. That's not allowed by the resource rules.

Georgiy Merts:

By the way, folks, the situation on the Market reminds me very much of the shareware sector in the late 90's. Programmers got their hands on the Internet and started churning out all sorts of small programs in huge quantities.

Interestingly, even programs like CD-Ejector were in demand - there was an icon in tray, clicked it - your drive was moved, clicked again - arrived. Rich bums were paying $10 a month to register, and the author "in peak" was getting $1000 a month.

But then everything dried up. People got fed up. Software archives became "file dumpsters". Much effort was already needed to promote the products. And in the end, homemade products were all stung. However, there were very useful things among them. I, for example, still use Chronocontrol, from that time.

I suspect the same fate awaits Market...

1. At least there were real programmers there, but here I downloaded it from kodobase, changed two lines and names of variables, optimized one pair (for a picture) and placed it in a market.

2. Repeat the same on another pair

Fast528:

1. at least there were real programmers there, but here I downloaded from kodobaza, changed two lines and variable names, optimized one pair and sent it to the market.

2. Repeat the same thing on another pair.

No, there were also whole battles on forums about "who cloned the product from whom". Although, indeed, there tended to be more effort to put in.

I know the author of arather popular screensaver that made over a thousand dollars a month. The actual idea for the screensaver and the development of the engine took about six months, while the rest of the many years the man was engaged in pure marketing - promotion, advertising, writing articles... I was surprised that it still exists, and apparently brings in some kopecks...

3D Screensaver - Download Space & Burning Fire screensavers. Official author's website.
  • www.fpsoftlab.com
iFire ++ - Incredible realistic physical simulation of burning fire for iPhone�, iPad� and iPod Touch�. Fast and smooth flame animation interactive via multitouch gestures, accelerometers and gyroscopic sensors. Variable backgrounds, adjustable settings, stylish burning clock, and more special effetcts.    Extremely realistic and...

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

why talk nonsense -- here's a recent example of advertising, went to an information website:

-- I didn't have to go through the pages to give an example of advertising and advisors and all that -- one example is enough

I'm only telling you what I know.

Yandex direct -- disabled in Ukraine.

Georgiy Merts:

Yes you just open a branch and popularise the product. Show how you make money with it. What benefits it brings to your work. And people will come.

it is forbidden to advertise their products in any form on the forum. Even opening a thread.

So you've started a league. That's good. But you don't post EAs, you give a free signal ok.

As soon as you put a product from the league in the market - your branch will be considered as advertising and it will be taken down.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

it is forbidden to advertise their products in any form on the forum. Even opening a thread.

So you've started a league. That's good. But you don't post EAs, you give a free signal ok.

As soon as you put a product from the league in the market - your branch will be considered as advertising and it will be torn down.

I don't need it by then.)

With the league, I don't see the point in selling it. It's the simplest TC. And the signal was opened only to show that it is possible to make money that way.

And advertising is more effective indirectly. Mentioning, demonstrating the advantages, the same signal...

In a branch, you may not even mention the product itself, but write about the principles on which it works, the changes that take place. I doubt that a branch that doesn't mention the product will be "promotional". Of course, moderation here, in my opinion, comes to the point of absurdity - it is kind of forbidden to mention brokerage companies, but you can say that "a well-known brokerage company on "I" in 2014 ditched many traders by unilaterally changing the Offer" - and the company is not named, but everyone knows which brokerage company it is about.

The credibility of the person on the forum is in itself already an advertisement. I think the product of fxsaber or Volchanskiy will attract attention without any "additional" advertising.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

1. I disagree.

2. do you have a concrete suggestion on how to effectively advertise 1,000,000 products on one resource? -- and how would such advertising be more effective than advertising 1,000,000 products or 1,000,000,000?

it's not a problem when there are 10 sellers -- and when there are many more sellers, the "my product is not rubbish" and others' products are "rubbish", that because of other products my products are not visible anymore -- it's ridiculous.

it is clear that in such a situation, you need to position your products in a way that draws attention to yourself.

you won't advertise someone else's products, you will talk about your products -- you can talk about your own products: 1) on your website, in your articles, in your writings, in your profile, in your posts -- 2) on other websites, on your blog, etc.

How can MKs advertise your products specifically? That's all they're saying in this thread: you can't see my products because of the rubbish of other products.

I have already voiced my suggestion.

Paid advertising. For example, for a place in the mailing list. Such a newsletter already exists. So far, there are only 2 sections - the most and the most free. A third section - advertising - could be added.

Reason: