From theory to practice - page 955

Alexander_K:

1. one of the non-lagging indicators for trend detection can and should be momentum/velocity .

2. Demko was just using momentum. I really didn't understand how, as he was speaking confusingly (apparently, filling his pockets with cash while speaking to me).

1. Oh! Glad to read. "Should" - delete. Replace with is.

2. Apparently - yes... :-)

Uladzimir Izerski:

Good morning, Alexander!

In principle your approach to the market as a physical phenomenon makes some sense, but to rely on it, in my opinion, is a bit misguided.

Same to you!

I do want to come back to this thread with positive results and prove that fizmate works quite well.

For now - just reading, but when it comes to early trend detection - that's when I'm all ears. This is my sore subject, which I've been working on for a year now. The trend, as I see it, is a non-random, deterministic movement and I do not know how to detect it, especially at early stages.

Renat Akhtyamov:
If he doesn't lag, he's already in the pocket.

No...in practice it's not...

if you see a trend it's better not to enter it

you don't want to enter a trend... it's fun to have 90% of profitable trades with a minimal loss but 10% of the trades

but %10 trades will eat up all your profits and it's unrealistic to pick these trades out of the total.

But if someone enters in a clearly defined trend, then you'll have to take a risk because you'll anyway make a mistake.

Alexander_K:

Same to you!

I still want to come back to this thread with positive results and prove that the physmath works quite well .

For now - just reading, but when it comes to early trend detection - that's when I'm all ears. This is my sore subject, which I've been working on for a year now. A trend, as I understand it, is a non-random, deterministic movement and I do not know how to detect it, and even at early stages.

I'll say more - physics rules. I don't care about

marker memeket :-).

Alexander_K:

One of the lagging indicators for trend detection can and should be momentum/velocity.

Demko was just talking about momentum. But I didn't understand how, because he spoke confusingly (probably, filling his pockets with cash while talking to me).

Most indicators follow the price.

There is a small layer of indicators which predicts possible price behavior. When you create such an indicator, you have a GRAAL in your hands.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Most indicators follow the price.

There is a small layer of indicators which predict possible price behaviour. When you create such an indicator, you will have a GRAAL in your hands.

there is no harm in dreaming)

Martin Cheguevara:

No...in practice it's not...

if you see a trend it's better not to enter it

you don't want to enter a trend... it's fun to have 90% of profitable trades with a minimum loss but 10% of the trades

but %10 trades will eat up all your profits and it's unrealistic to pick these trades out of the total.

But if someone enters the market following a clear trend, one has to take a risk because one could be wrong.

There is a market mechanism I call corral.

That is.

Suppose that the trend is up. They buy.

They buy, then they close and buy again, more and more expensive.

And boom, the price goes down. They fall and fall. They sell.

Then the same exact mechanism works: they sell everything cheaper and cheaper.

The previous buyers are losing money, they are not interested.

Then the price rises to the average between buyers and sellers.

Everyone is at a disadvantage.

Lovely!

Renat Akhtyamov:

There is a market mechanism, I call it corral.

That is.

Let's say the trend is up. They buy.

They buy, then close and buy again, more and more expensive.

And then it goes down. They fall and fall. They sell.

Then the same exact mechanism works: they sell everything cheaper and cheaper.

The previous buyers are losing money, they are not interested.

Then the price rises to the average price.

Everyone is in the red.

Beautiful!

Yes, I see it too and my robot can detect this very middle point.

That's why I said that everybody loses on EURJPY))))

And most importantly, what you said over and over again)

Look at the volatility on the EURJPY...

Martin Cheguevara:

there is no harm in dreaming)

There's no point in saying it doesn't hurt.

Yes! History repeats itself, but when it is not expected.

Alexander_K:

Same to you!

I still want to come back to this thread with positive results and prove that the physmath works quite well.

For now - just reading, but when it comes to early trend detection - that's when I'm all ears. This is my sore subject, which I've been working on for a year now. The trend, as I see it, is a non-random, deterministic movement and I do not know how to detect it, and even at the early stages.

Is it in the early stages?

Every pullback in a trend can be taken as a possible trend change. People use grids and can make something out of it. But is this decision justified?

There is a risk of error in this decision. There is no guarantee. There is a probability. The probability can be calculated.

Yes, yes, mathematically calculated. We live in a world of numbers and don't notice it. Even physicists have doubts. Obviously, that's how they were taught.

Reason: