[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 573

Mathemat:
It seems to me that point 2 is weaker attracted to point 1 not only because it is further away. It is also because it is shielded by the Earth. But maybe I'm wrong.

Mathemat:

P.S. Try it if you are interested.

Refutation on the extreme case -- if (1) coincides with (4) -- the force of attraction is infinite (well, purely theoretically). This special case does not apply to a material point in any way.

TheXpert: Refutation for the extreme case -- if (1) coincides with (4) -- the force of attraction is infinite (well, purely theoretically). This special case does not apply to a material point in any way.

This is where limits have to be considered if the two spheres are close to touch. Actual infinities are better not to deal with, they are not liked anywhere - neither in mathematics, nor in physics.

I'll look for Newton's proof, Littlewood had it somewhere.

Mathemat:

I'll look for Newton's proof, Littlewood had it somewhere.

I'd appreciate it.

TheXpert: It would be appreciated.

Catch the Littlewoods book archive in my personal file. I was too lazy to re-archive the rar to zip.

It's purely a geometric proof, reconstructed by Littlewood; no integrals there.

TheXpert:

OK, let's simplify the problem -- ball + material point.

Then we have to prove that

that point 1 is attracted by points 2 and 4 as two points 3 (with equal force. Masses 2 3 and 4 are equal)

However, I think that it is not equal

Mischek2:
However, I don't think it's the same.
That's what I think too. Looking for the error of my reasoning and I can't find it...

TheXpert:
That's what I think too. I'm looking for an error in my reasoning and can't find it...

I need to remove the extra point, point directly to the intersection of the circle and the segment 1.3.

Shit, maybe it's the same ))

DmitriyN:
Here's the link. Prove it and the money's yours. The premium has already been raised to $10,000.

It's a scam. There is a whole book at the link, even if everything can be refuted, you will find something that has not been read. The initiator is looking for suckers to work their heads off for him for free.

Probably dreams of creating a new sect, collecting various methods of "refutation" to teach them to his adherents. A clever move.

No, I'm dead wrong. The task is not reduced to the one I drew.
Reason: