From theory to practice - page 939

Yuriy Asaulenko:

In futures, I mostly play with one position only, with no tops and bottoms, and no stops or TPs. I wonder how one can know in advance where to close a position - maybe at 10 pips, maybe at 110. The same goes for exiting a position. Imho, you can decide something in the market only based on the current situation. When dealing with bees, you can't say anything in advance. (с)

I have a trawl that catches up to 80% of the movement.

Although with my experience and knowledge I have a feeling there are none...

Martin Cheguevara:

I have a trawl that catches up to 80% of the movement.

Although with my experience and knowledge I have a hunch you won't find any...

I can't know what kind of trawl you have, but a normal trawl is more of a protective measure against sudden movements, but in no way a reaction to the situation.

Martin Cheguevara:
Well...if you read above...I've written about it before...why I take the test as almost pure coin.

Read.

It will all be exactly the same in real life.

The only difference is that the price won't stop until you've sold out.

Martin Cheguevara:
To be honest I haven't met a stop loss and take profit strategy that would give me a profit. To be honest I've never seen a stop and profit strategy that would give me a good return. So why bother with martin, if it's a well-thought-out one?)
Even with me, the system gives the right price direction 70-80% of the time. And it still doesn't help without averaging or Martin. And that is why I have implemented in my strategy partial closing of orders that are heavy in terms of lots. To partially close plus reduce the load, increase the margin.

The methods are simple (visually) and effective as an axe, that's why they work.

If there is any one person who knows how to use one order with stop and profit to make a relatively consistent profit in the correct opening direction, I would be very happy to learn from you.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I play in futures, in most cases I only have one position, no pull ups or pull downs, and in addition, no stops or TPs. I wonder how you know in advance where to close a position, maybe at 10 points or at 110.

The same goes for exiting a position. We do not need to wait for some SL when it is already clear that the price goes in the wrong direction and is not going to stop.

Imho, you can decide something in the market only by the current situation. When dealing with bees, you can't say anything in advance. (с)

Of course, the moment to exit a trade when trading on a trend is not known in advance.

This is why Stop Loss and Take Profit are no more than an insurance policy.

When trading counter-trends, overturn levels work, where SL and TP can be applied

Renat Akhtyamov:

It's a tester...

In practice, this way in simple terms sounds like this: increasing the margin into the counter-trend, accompanied by a decrease in equity.

//martini, with all its consequences on the real.

oh, Renat showed up. how's your tester's grail?)

multiplicator:

oh, Renat showed up. how's your tester grail?)

ok, it's behaving nicely.

He's coped with me taking my mind off the market for a while and letting my skull unload.

I am now continuing to develop a forecasting system.

The main approach is to avoid market entry delays.

This will trade against all, i.e. when I'm already buying, everyone keeps selling and vice versa.

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

This would result in trading against everyone, i.e. when I am already buying, everyone keeps selling and vice versa.

;)

So why do I have to go so early? If everyone is selling, the price goes down. You can buy or sell in the market at any time. Maybe we should wait a little longer to buy?

SZY And then Renat is surprised - "when you enter a deal, the price always goes against you". Am I quoting correctly?

Renat Akhtyamov:

ok, it's behaving nicely.

It coped with the fact that I took my mind off the market for a while and gave my skull an unloading.

I am now continuing to develop a forecasting system.

The main approach is to avoid a delay in entering the market.

This will turn out to trade against everyone, i.e. when I am already buying - everyone keeps selling and vice versa.

;)

Given the methods I've seen from you, you on the contrary need a delay...especially since indicators based on the calculation period will give one anyway...

Show me again the picture you uploaded here and then deleted, if you don't mind.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Why so early? If everyone is selling, the price goes down. You can buy or sell in the market at any time. Maybe we should wait a little longer to buy.

Here's an illustrative figure.

The MA has not yet given a sell signal, people keep buying.

They are buying, the price goes down.

I go in to sell, because my indicator is already giving a sell signal

и....

I say, "Thank you!"

Renat Akhtyamov:

Once they buy, the price goes down.

Is there any confusion? Once they buy, the price can only go up. There is no other way around it.

Reason: