From theory to practice - page 932

Alexander_K:

Ahem... I've had a lot of conversations with these people on the LS. They literally had their noses in the ground - working day and night on their TS. They were just clarifying some things from physics and probability theory with me. And then, just like that, they disappeared from both the forum and the PM.

I will never in my life believe that people who worked like that could give up. The conclusion is that the Grail was found by them. There is no other way.

This is a finger in the sky. They could have stupidly flunked out on their grail experiments and got a job. They didn't care about the forum anymore. Or they just realized that it was all for nothing. Or they reached a certain level of knowledge and got good offers from risk managers. After all, just because you can't predict the market doesn't mean you can't predict the risks. Many quants work in risk.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Mate expectation is always the past. Probabilities are the future. You want the Grail, play with probabilities.

Those who can't win at poker have no business being in forex.

You don't catch a trend in poker by history))

Oleg Shenker:

That's a finger in the sky. They could have bluntly leaked on their grail experiments and got a job. They didn't care about the forum anymore. Or they just realised it was all for naught. Or they reached a certain level of knowledge and got good offers from risk managers. After all, just because you can't predict the market doesn't mean you can't predict the risks. Many quants work in risk.

They would just write me a private message. Friends aren't friends, but still, we worked together... But as it is, it's as if they've fallen through the cracks...

Still, I think it was the Grail that caused their disappearance.

Alexander_K:

They would have just written me a private message. Friends not friends, but still, they worked together... But they just disappeared...

Still, I think the Grail was the reason they disappeared.

They didn't want to share it with a future rival.

Alexander_K:

They would have just written me a private message. Friends not friends, but still, they worked together... But they just disappeared...

Still, I think it was the Grail that caused their disappearance.

Anyway, that's speculation...

I understand you've been digging around for a year, too. But you haven't made much progress yet. Everything you're writing about here and more has been researched and continues to be researched. Lots of scientific journals publish articles about the predictability of markets and methods of such predictions. Maybe your friends have realised that it is better to read scientific journals than this forum.

vladevgeniy:

I'll defuse it a bit)))) Imho squared)))) Counting ticks, minutes, etc. in an attempt to predict senior frames is like teaching a child to his mother... How can one predict any movement based on the fight of high-frequency units with an admixture of course large ones - I don't know. They have targets there (in the glass) and they see the forest and trade in it. Not moss on trees))))

If I offended anyone, sorry sorry, but watch out)))) And if rebutted it's only a pleasure. There are no theorems, no axioms.)

HMM. Nice :-)

Oleg Shenker:

Either way, it's a guess...

You've been digging around for a year, too, I understand. But you haven't made much progress yet. Everything you are writing about here and more has been researched and is still being researched. Lots of scientific journals publish articles about the predictability of markets and methods of such predictions. Maybe your friends have realized that it's better to read scientific journals than this forum.

I don't know... Maybe they'll show up someday...

I've been here a year and these two have been working for 10 years. One's in machine learning, the other's been quizzing the market. I was interested to talk to them... In any case, maybe it's even good that they didn't say anything - they retained their intrigue and belief in the Grail.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Those who don't know how to win at poker have no business in forex.

You don't catch a trend in poker by history))

There are a lot of tricks in poker that can be applied in the market. Yes, but to apply them, you have to know them at least).

Martin Cheguevara:

I think this man has made some progress on the signal search, don't you think?)

Nothing more than a pretty picture.

Once upon a time, when ICQ first appeared)))) I was looking for a popular tool for the exchange, could not find it in the public domain, and somehow, as I do not remember, contacted a kind man in this wonder - an ICQ))) He gave me the software, and while it was downloading the chat and that's he told me that with this software I have one hell of a failure )))) (and it was like that in general) and along with one story that he allegedly cool proger and once he and another small team was sent to Siberia, where exactly do not remember) to write a stock exchange research program. So they all worked for a month and solved a very simple stock exchange problem. It upset me then))))))) Well, this is what it is...
Reason: