From theory to practice - page 641

danminin:
Is the signal unavailable again?

Why embarrass yourself? Finita la comedy... No, not a bust, of course - but a big one. And the excess doesn't help. Ugh... Fuck it all.

Alexander_K2:

Why embarrass yourself? Finita la comedy... No, not a bust, of course - but a big one. And the excess doesn't help. Ugh... Fuck it all.

Negative results have value too. At least you have proved in theory and practice what you wrote about a year ago.

Dmitriy Skub:

A negative result has a value too. But you have proved by both theory and practice what you were told about a year ago.

Yes....

Of course, based on practice, I was beginning to doubt whether the coveted "trend/float" key even existed...

But, I'm looking at the charts now:

Right now GBPCAD is in negative territory, EURAUD and AUDCHF are in positive territory.

And it happened so that using the condition OrdersTotal()=0, i.e. working with only one open trade, resulted in GBPCAD! Ugh, one more time...

Maybe I should open several deals at once too? I don't know... Maybe that's the secret? Ugh...

Alexander_K2: Maybe that's the secret? Ugh...

Or maybe you need to separate the pairs into separate currencies?

Alexander_K2:

Yes....

Of course, based on practice, I was beginning to doubt whether the coveted "trend/float" key even existed...

But, I'm looking at the charts now:

Right now GBPCAD is in negative territory, EURAUD and AUDCHF are in positive territory.

And it happened so that using the condition OrdersTotal()=0, i.e. working with only one open trade, resulted in GBPCAD! Ugh, one more time...

Maybe I should open several deals at once too? I don't know... Maybe that's the secret? Ugh...

Look at the price chart instead of synchrophasotrons.

The price moves in its specific horizons stably and regularly. You have to catch it there. You can do it with a grid))

EURUSDM5_1110

Uladzimir Izerski:

It is better to look at the price chart rather than the synchrophasotrons.

Price moves in its specific horizons in a stable and consistent manner. You need to catch it there. You can do it with a grid)).

Go for GBPCAD! What about EURUSD?

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Or maybe the pairs should be separated into separate currencies?

Useful, I must say. There used to be a suitable indicator, which showed clearly the cause of the rise or fall of any of the "pre-programmed" currencies

For GoldTrader:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Calculate Market Orders function                                 |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int TotalOrders(string sy) {    // sy - Currency Pair

int orders=0;

for (int i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++) {
     if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)) {
       if (OrderMagicNumber()==MN) {
         if (OrderSymbol()==sy) {
           if (OrderType()==OP_SELL || OrderType()==OP_BUY) {
             orders++;
           }
         }
       }
     }
   }

return(orders);

Alexander, my friend! I looked through your function and am grasping at it like a drowning man at a straw...

If I don't use MagicNumber, then the conditionif (OrderMagicNumber()==MN) can be removed?

Then we should insert this function into the Expert Advisor and before opening an order, we should check not

total_orders_EURUSD=OrdersTotal();
if(total_orders_EURUSD==0)

а

total_orders_EURUSD=TotalOrders(EURUSD);
if(total_orders_EURUSD==0)

In this case, a position will be opened in EURUSD no matter how many positions are opened already?

Do I understand it correctly?

Thank you in advance.

Here's the current PoundCad

GBPCAD

Dmitriy Skub:

A negative result also has value. At least you have proved in theory and practice what you wrote about a year ago.

In this case, it is better to confirm with a quote who wrote what and why they were right.
Reason: