From theory to practice - page 360

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

you see, it was you who called for light catching and something about God in another humour thread there?

it was a humour topic, no need to be so over-impressive))))

and it wasn't for the average mind, so go sunbathe on the beach with your own kind)))

So on the substance of the discussion you can share your deep conclusions, if any, because maybe people also want to believe in a deity but do not know how and why))))

Andrei:

It was a humour topic, you don't have to be so over-impressive))))

and it wasn't for the average mind, so go sunbathe on the beach with your own kind)))

So on the substance of the discussion you can share your deep conclusions, if any, because maybe people also want to believe in a deity but don't know how and why))))

I don't seriously deal with schizophrenics, arividerci.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I don't talk to schizophrenics seriously, arividerci

and we don't... it was just a test to see if there was any sense behind your statements and if they were worth a penny...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

like Diogenes walking around with a torch looking for Man, found him and saw that he was attacked by a pack of hamsters.

Can you justify what you are saying in terms of common sense and real facts?

bas:

"Bringing a series to stationarity" is a meaningless expression, a series is either stationary initially or it is not. It is possible to transform it to to get another series, say stationary. But then what? You trade the initial series, it means that inverse transformations must be done. For example, if you have forecasted the increments, to trade it, you will have to get the price series from the forecasted increments again by summation.

Probability distribution is known to be irreversible function, that is why it is stupid and useless from the very beginning, though entertaining, if there is nothing else to do.

Most likely there is some unconscious market pattern associated with volatility.

Andrei:

The probability distribution is known to be an irreversible function, so it is a silly and useless exercise to begin with, although entertaining if you have nothing else to do.

Probably some unconscious market pattern associated with volatility is at work here.

О!

I've been waiting for this post for a long time.

That is, the information will be lost if it is not retained at the right time?

Renat Akhtyamov:

О!

I've been waiting for this post for a long time.

That is, the information will be lost if it is not saved at the right moment?

Is there something I don't understand? The original series hasn't gone anywhere.

Say, any indicators (filtration) extract some information and lose some "irretrievably", that's what they were designed for. But nobody prevents to build a dozen more indicators from the initial series. And to use all of them simultaneously, including the original series.

I would not call all these manipulations"stupid and useless from the very beginning". What is silly is that people who do it seem not to know and are unable to explain why they do it, and not the activity itself. But maybe it's purely academic).

Anyway, I don't understand what caused your delight in that post and why wait for it?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Is there something I don't understand? The original series hasn't gone anywhere.

Let's say, any indicators (filtering) extract some information and lose some "irretrievably", that's what they are designed for. But nobody prevents to build a dozen more indicators from the initial series. And to use all of them simultaneously, including the original series.

I would not call all these manipulations"stupid and useless from the very beginning". What is silly is that people who do it seem not to know and are unable to explain why they do it, and not the activity itself. But maybe it's purely academic).

Anyway, I don't understand what was it in that post that got you excited and why wait for it?

Simple. The data is lost.

What does this distribution of increments give?

Renat Akhtyamov:

Simple. The data is lost.

What gives this distribution of increments?

Once again, any filter or indicator loses data while extracting the required information from the BP. And the data is not lost, you don't destroy the source BP itself and you continue to use it along with the indicators you get. The data is not lost - there it is, where it was, where it stays - in the source BP - use it.

I've been using different distributions in my systems for a few years now. It helps a lot. For example, to find out where we are now in this distribution, and eventually information about possible further price movement.

The incremental distribution probably also gives something to A_K2, why not? I don't really understand it in the context of the topic, but I may have missed something.

A_K2 has shown some trades - they are not "correct", imho, but they work. It means that it gives something.

And all that manipulating with distributions and transforming one into the other, they, imho, do not understand why.) Games of the mind.))

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Once again, any filter or indicator loses data while extracting the required information from the BP. The data is not lost, you are not destroying the source BP itself, and you continue to use it along with the indicators you get. The data is not lost - there it is, where it was, where it stays - in the original BP - use it.

I've been using different distributions in my systems for a few years now. It helps a lot. For example, to find out where we are now in this distribution, and eventually information about possible further price movement.

The incremental distribution probably also gives something to A_K2, why not? I don't really understand it in the context of the topic, but I may have missed something.

A_K2 showed some trades - they are not very "correct", imho, but quite working.

And here all sorts of manipulations with distributions and converting one into the other, they, imho, do not understand why.)) Mind games.))

Ahh. That's good, thank you.

So we're looking at the distribution as a possible way in?

And if the trend is at an angle of 5-10 degrees and the increment is negligible, is it on the fence?

Is it the same system as just using angle measurement?
Reason: