From theory to practice - page 1495

Олег avtomat:

and for nothing.

I'm not going to argue - you seem to have a practical proof... But, still - a coin, it's an idealised process without time, without flux density, and with equal probability 1 and -1... I don't know... I just remember that Wizard (not to be confused with Sorcerer!) also claimed that you can make money on SB, but didn't give any proof at all...

Alexander_K:

I'm not going to argue - you seem to have a practical proof... But, still - a coin, it's an idealised process without time, without flux density, and with equal probability 1 and -1... I don't know... I remember just now that Wizard (not to be confused with Sorcerer!) also claimed that you can make money on SB, but didn't give any proof at all...

Do the experiment and you'll see.

All my examples are fully reproducible, if you would be willing to repeat them...

Why would you need someone else's evidence when you can get your own results.

Do it -- and you'll get proof.

Oleg Bondarev:

You can't do that! That's what the spread was invented for.

The spread was invented for market pricing stability.

The spread was invented for this reason. You can make money on the SB but not on the real market because of "fat tails", I hope you understand what I'm saying.

Martin_Apis_Bot Cheguevara:
I hope you know what I'm talking about, but in the real market you can't because of the "fat tails".

Yeah! Martingale is everything! Martingale is the grail! Yay! (cheering)

danminin:

Yeah! Martingale is everything! Martingale is the grail! Yay!

If you apply it correctly and know the limits of certain phenomena in the market, then yes of course, what prevents you from it? But again, martingale does not solve all problems, and especially you still need to adapt to market movements to control the distance between orders. without it you will still lose whatever way you like.

In general, there are a couple of simple formulas to find the best moment to enter the market. But it has nothing to do with the geometry of market moves. In general, trying to geometrically find the direction of price movement is a very useless exercise.

The price, if it is in the most appropriate SB, does not know where it is going, and when the time comes for fat tails, the movements are almost minute and happen so fast it is out of the question, it is just a straight minute line down or up.

To increase the probability of a martin being triggered, for example, knowing that EURUSD in the vast majority of cases from 0 to 6 am is more or less predictable and the volume of movements in the vast majority of cases is minimal compared to the daily volume.

The market is also unpredictable at the end of December and throughout January.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/5008

You don't need to add anything at all, so to speak, instead of a thousand words.

Just for the explanations and clear demonstration of the tests the authorRoman Klymenkodeserves credit and respect.

I recommend for reading.

Maybe the reality is a bit worse than the tests, but the principles really work.

Реверсирование - священный Грааль или опасное заблуждение?
Реверсирование - священный Грааль или опасное заблуждение?
  • www.mql5.com
Реверсирование — это одна из разновидностей мартингейла. В таких системах после убыточной сделки происходит удвоение объема, чтобы в случае успеха прибыль покрыла собой и убытки от предыдущей сделки. Основное отличие реверсирования от классического мартингейла заключается в том, что сделка, следующая после убыточной, открывается в...

The spread was invented for market pricing stability.

The problem is that in the SB you can easily make money, but not in the real market due to "fat tails", I hope you understand what I am talking about.

I completely agree.

That would be the end of the theoretical part of the thread.

But!

We must learn to fight the "fat tails" by all means. We need money like air.

Fat tails, in terms of physics, are the giant energy of the system. And if it is impossible to apply usual statistical moments of a random quantity as an indicator of disorder, then it will be necessary to pass on such concepts as: speed, impulse, energy. There is no other way.

If we have a malfunction indicator in our pocket, which indicates that we are now at the tail end of the trade and no entry is allowed, then the Grail is at our feet.

This is basically why pipsing and scalping are so popular.

The chances of running into a fat tail while making a deal are small, and the citizens are chopping the dough. However, there is a chance and then the end of the line. If we have in our pocket the breakdown indicator, which indicates that we are now at the tail end and it is forbidden to enter the trade, then the Grail is at our feet.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/5008

You don't need to add anything at all, so to speak, instead of a thousand words.

Just for the explanations and clear demonstration of the tests the authorRoman Klymenkodeserves credit and respect.

I recommend for reading.

May be the reality is a bit worse than the tests, but the principles really work.

Start here.

Reason: