From theory to practice - page 102

Максим Дмитриев:
If you have made 3 trades and are judging something by them, you need at least 100 trades.
You should write an Expert Advisor and test it over a larger time frame.

Why do you need to study all pairs?
You may try it on other symbols.

Maxim, well, can you bear it until the New Year?! In the model I already have about 30 trades on many pairs in 2 months. The results are very good. There are certainly some negative trades as well. The percentage of positive/negative is about 80/20.

But, I should run it on real account. Yeah, it's about time. I just find VisSim+MQL very difficult to use. Logging time to.csv files mustn't be too short, otherwise I've got very intensive read/write operations for 18 pairs and my computer just can't cope with them.

Well, in general, it was hard for me, of course. But, now all the problems have been solved.

Alexander_K2:

so how do you take quotes exponentially? by the formula y=2^x ? )))

Максим Дмитриев:

so how do you take quotes exponentially? by the formula y=2^x ? )))

Seehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/221552/page101 post #1004

От теории к практике
От теории к практике
  • www.mql5.com
Добрый вечер, уважаемые трейдеры! Решил было на какое-то время покинуть форум, и сразу как-то скучно стало:)))) А просто читать, увы - неинтересно...

Aleksey Nikolayev:

By the way, that's the difference between our non-Markovian process and random rambling.

Some of the most ingenious commoners here toss a coin in the air and stare at it with goggling eyes, thinking that they are solving all Forex problems. Well, what can I say, let them keep on tossing coins, all kinds of them. They'll end up with no trousers. Or maybe they already are. :)))))))))))))))))

A coin is a benchmark, a basic point of reference. A process without memory, on which it is by definition impossible to make money. And if someone claims that "maybe you can, you should build a model in VisSim and see", then they do not understand the most basic fundamentals.

Right click on anchor link, copy link, paste link Ctrl+Khttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/221552/page101#comment_6255880

От теории к практике
От теории к практике
  • www.mql5.com
Добрый вечер, уважаемые трейдеры! Решил было на какое-то время покинуть форум, и сразу как-то скучно стало:)))) А просто читать, увы - неинтересно...

bas:
A coin is a benchmark, a basic point of reference. A process without memory, on which it is impossible to make money by definition. And if someone says "maybe you can, you should build a model in VisSim and see" then he doesn't understand the most basic fundamentals.
:))))) Alright, alright. I don't get it. I don't... I weep bitter tears and bow my head to your gigantic knowledge of existence. :)))))))))))

Nikolay Demko:

Right click on anchor link, copy link, paste link Ctrl+Khttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/221552/page101#comment_6255880

Nikolay, is it possible to set up in MQL to receive ticks in exponential intervals?

I think OnTick() is working with every tick, and if it's timed, the timer should be set as a constant. Or am I wrong?

Alexander_K2:
:))))) All right, all right. I don't get it. I don't... I weep bitter tears and bow my head to your gigantic knowledge of existence. :)))))))))))

Alexander_K2:

Nikolay, is it possible to set up in MQL to receive ticks at exponential intervals?

I think OnTick() is working with every tick, and if it is timed, the timer must be set as a constant. Or am I wrong?

You're right, but it's possible. Explain what you mean by the phrase "receive ticks in exponential intervals" and I will explain how to do it.

Although perhaps not explain, you've banned me in private)).

ZS Numerical series give me an example, either formulas or formula with the conditions.

Reason: