From theory to practice - page 107

Yuriy Asaulenko:

What makes you think it's impossible to win? Coin is a process on which you can win, and even infinitely much. But you can also lose.

So, it is you who do not understand these very basic fundamentals. Nor do those who hold the same opinion as you.

Oh, come on, you're full of crap. Everyone understands that we're talking about a steady income. Here we go, and if I win, and if I lose. You're a bunch of bullshit, man. Everyone knows what we're talking about, but they're showing off the formalities. In order to stifle these formalities, the man specified the conditions that we are talking about eagle, and not about wandering with demolition.

ILNUR777:
Oh, come on, you're full of crap. Everyone knows that we're talking about a steady income. Here we go, what if I win, what if I lose? You're a windbag, man. Everyone knows what we're talking about, but they're showing off the formalities. In order to stifle these formalities, the man specified the conditions that we are talking about eagle, and not about wandering with demolition.

+

Yuriy Asaulenko What makes you think it's impossible to win? Coin is a process on which you can win, and even infinitely much. But it is also possible to lose.

Not "win", but to win sustainably all the time, = earn. I did not use the term "win".

Don't give them bread, let them show their nerdiness. Which is usually less than they claim. It's like a middle-class athlete having his pussy measured. So it is with the underdogs - who knows more wording. A true pro athlete has no need to show his worth to those who are weaker. Just like a scientist won't brag about his superiority to someone who doesn't know much.

They found a couple of working Tc's on the market (rather accidentally). That's it, now they are proudly fantasising as if they have saddled themselves with real chaos. )))) It's funny.

ILNUR777:
They found a couple of working Tc's on the market (rather accidentally). That's it, now they are proudly fantasising as if they have saddled themselves with real chaos. )))) Funny.

where have you found it?) so far we haven't seen any real trading).

Dennis Kirichenko:

A question on an abstract topic. Suppose there is a sample of 15,000 units (say, the general population). How many units should the sample population consist of in order to retain the properties of the general population, and what method should be used to collect the sample population?

If there are no restrictions on the method of thinning, you can sort a large sample (variation series) and select from there the terms with numbers 1+kn, where k=0,1,2,... The pruning parameter n depends on specific type of distribution of general population, and on which particular properties are to be preserved and to what extent. The empirical distribution remains approximately the same.

podotr:
And I kept thinking - what is this miracle advertising? I'll give you credit for the PR, but why go to such trouble? Although the local "explorers" will be fine - there they have enough toys for another ten years
О! The most experienced childpodotr("the most experienced child" :)))))) how can a child be the most experienced? But I must remember the expression), having asked Trump for permission to participate in this forum is thinking too American. No, dear one! VisSim is just a tool in my hands. Although, of course, all forum members, both young and old, should study it or, for example, Matlab.

Alexander_K2:
Oh! The most experienced childpodotr( hmmm... "the most experienced child" :)))))) how can a child be the most experienced? but the expression should be remembered), having asked Trump for permission to participate in this forum, is thinking too American. No, dear one! VisSim is just a tool in my hands. Although, of course, all forum users, both young and old, should study it or, for example, Matlab.
Come on, don't be silly! I'm joking - you remember... the main thing is not to be nosy

Alexander_K2:

Yes, yes... Well, sort of like the transition of a quantum from one energy state to another...

You can see it in the tick charts - unrestrained trading at certain levels...

But the question from Dimitri is a good one. А? That's what a physicist means! Huh? Is the price scale linear? Yes, it is! It's linear! Only the equation of price movement is far from being linear.

Obviously, you can draw any scale you want. You are correct in your restatement of the equation of motion. It cannot be linear by definition, because from below the price is limited by zero, and from above it is limited theoretically by infinity, and in reality - by exchange rules and aggregate volume of trade participants (if no deals are executed, the price does not move and there are no increments - I mean the exchange). And there and here we approach asymptotically (if not to consider catastrophic variants, like bankruptcy of the issuer). Thus, on the way from zero to infinity and back, as rightly pointed out by Nikolay, there are many zones (levels) where the character of price changes significantly. These are round and inverse round levels and others, about which I won't talk.

Therefore, the performance of your Quasi-Bollinger will greatly depend on how many and what levels fall in the range between entry and exit - they must be taken into account when entering/exiting/running a position. This is for your future system development after the first tests)

All, of course, is my dilettante IMHO.

Dmitriy Skub:

Clearly, the scale can be drawn any way you like. You have correctly restated the equation of motion. It cannot be linear by definition, because from below the price is limited by zero, and from above - theoretically by infinity, and in reality - by the rules of trading at a particular exchange and the total volume of traders' funds (if no deals are made, the price does not move and there are no increments - we are talking about the exchange). And there and here we approach asymptotically (if not to consider catastrophic variants, like bankruptcy of the issuer). Thus, on the way from zero to infinity and back, as rightly pointed out by Nikolay, there are many zones (levels) where the character of price changes significantly. These are round and inverse round levels and others, about which I won't talk.

Therefore, the performance of your Quasi-Bollinger will greatly depend on how many and what levels fall in the range between entry and exit - they must be taken into account when entering/exiting/executing a position. This is for your future development of the system after the first tests.)

All, of course, my amateurish IMHO.

Thank you, Dmitry! A physicist by definition cannot be an amateur. If you have time - try to read the ticks (if you work with them) at exponential intervals. You'll see how much easier it becomes. And now I'm just resting from theory - getting ready for post-New Year's practice. At the same time I've read a bit of Yusuf - I felt pity for him. The man goes (has already gone, in fact) on the right path of the smartest of men, who likes to throw coins in different directions, and has become totally disillusioned with Forex. I have to support people like that - so I will never leave the forum.

See you in the New Year!

Reason: