From theory to practice - page 1374

Renat Akhtyamov:

By the way, that was a phrase from a friend of mine, GoldTrader.

Through the years and distance I am addressing him:

Come back to the forum, Alexander! I remember and appreciate your help. My Grail is at your service.

Alexander_K:

By the way, that was a phrase from a friend of mine, GoldTrader.

Through the years and distance I am addressing him:

Come back to the forum, Alexander! I remember and appreciate your help. My Grail is at your service.

There are still a lot of posts from Mikola...

If you look closely at the avatar, you might be able to tell who it is.

О! Gentlemen :-) -just a post on the subject... (Conversation about grail) I decided - here, Alexander - will understand, I think.

To all graalists and graalewomen - mainly, though one may not only...

Let's reflect together and give an acceptable definition of a grail TC, i.e. what do we get in the output!!!!

It is clear that 100% profitable trades are nonsense. 100% - to a deposit (of course not yadny, but average, sane, in general) per year? Is it normal? Or per month?

In general, let's define the concept of grail on margin trading! What is this TC, my point is to know for yourself .... where to aim for!!!

Roman Shiredchenko:

О! Gentlemen :-) -just a post on the subject... (Conversation about grail) I decided - here, Alexander - will understand, I think.

To all graalists and graalewomen - mainly, though one may not only...

Let's reflect together and give an acceptable definition of a grail TC, i.e. what do we get in the output!!!!

It is clear that 100% profitable trades are nonsense. 100% - to a deposit (of course not yadny, but average, sane, in general) per year? Is it normal? Or per month?

In general, let's define the concept of grail on margin trading! What is this TC, my point is to know for yourself .... what to strive for!!!

I believe that the Grail is +20-30% per month with a drawdown of no more than 10%. From month to month. Regular and reliable. With confirmation on the real account for at least 3 months.

This is the goal I am striving for. I do not need more.

Roman Shiredchenko:

First of all, as I wrote earlier, there is no such thing as the Grail. There are working TS that work for a while. The market changes, so do the TS, they simply become obsolete, just like everything else in the world.

Secondly, it is impossible to set requirements for profit. Different deposit sizes require different strategies. For me, let's say, 100%/year and 15%/year are both fine. But these are different strategies, with different amounts of funds, different risks and planning horizons.

%% drawdown is also a question of nothing. If we play the same volumes, but you have a depo of 100 quid and I only have 10, then you will only have a 10% drawdown and I will have a 100% drawdown. However, both of us will lose 10 quid each. The money risks, as you can see, do not depend on the % of drawdown.

Alexander_K:

I believe the Grail is +20-30% per month with a drawdown of no more than 10%. From month to month. Mundane and reliable. With at least 3 months confirmation on the real.

This is the goal I am striving for. I don't need more than that.

Sash, not 3 months, but with profits in both flat and trend, plus timely and correct reaction to all kinds of spikes.

Naturally, the drawdown should not be commensurate with the trading risk. The drawdown should not exceed 5-10% of the risk. For example, I trade 100% of the deposit (margin), therefore the drawdown should not exceed 5%-10%.

And Yuri wrote above - this is an analysis of only those strategies that he knows at the moment. Everything is ahead of us, and with time the evaluation of the TS changes dramatically.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Sash, not 3 months, but with profits both in the flat and in the trend, plus a timely and correct reaction to all the variety of spikes.

Naturally, the drawdown, which is commensurate with the trading risk should not be

And Yuri wrote above - this is an analysis of only those strategies that he knows at the moment. Everything is ahead of us, and the evaluation of the TS changes dramatically over time.

When you will be in Courchevel or in the Emirates, send me a postcard)).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

When you're in Courchevel or the Emirates, send me a postcard.)

Well, here's one for you:

Try to apply any one of the criteria you listed to this system

margin, risk and profit - infinity % of depo, drawdown - 0%.

that's it!

Renat Akhtyamov:

well here's one card for you:

Try applying one of the criteria you listed to this system.

margin - infinity % of depo, risk - 0%, drawdown - 0%.

There you go!

Thank you. That's pretty much what I had in mind.

Alexander_K:

I believe the Grail is +20-30% per month with a drawdown of no more than 10%. From month to month. Mundane and reliable. With at least 3 months confirmation on the real.

This is the goal I am striving for. I do not need more than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spc - I'll keep my eyes peeled.... On the move!!!

For my TCs, that's pretty cool... :-)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Firstly, as I wrote earlier, there is no such thing as a grail. There are working TS that work for a while. The market changes, the TS also changes, they simply become obsolete, like everything else in the world.

Secondly, it is impossible to set requirements for profit. Different deposit sizes require different strategies. For me, let's say, 100%/year and 15%/year are both fine. But these are different strategies, with different amounts of funds, different risks and planning horizons.

%% drawdown is also a question of nothing. If we play the same volumes, but you have a depo of 100 quid and I only have 10, then you will only have a 10% drawdown and I will have a 100% drawdown. However, both of us will lose 10 quid each. Money risks, as we can see, do not depend on %% of drawdown.

I see. We need exactly what drawdown at what profit for how long, to be able to count as a GRAAL?

Alexander answered above. In principle - he's right somewhere...

Reason: