From theory to practice - page 933

vladevgeniy:
Once upon a time, when ICQ first appeared)))) I was looking for a popular program for the stock exchange, could not find it in the public domain, and somehow, I don't remember, contacted one kind person in this wonder - ICQ))) He gave me the software, and while it was downloading the chat and that's he told me that with this software I have one hell of a failure )))) (and it was like that in general) and at the same time one story that he allegedly cool proger and once he and another small team was sent to Siberia, where exactly do not remember) to write a stock exchange research program. So they all worked for a month and solved a very simple stock exchange problem. It upset me then))))))) Well, this is what it is...

When ICQ first appeared, 14400 was a must-have, and 28800 was a poet's dream.

And while the "software" was being downloaded you could write your own exchange terminal :-)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

When ICQ first appeared, 14400 was a must-have, and 28800 was a poet's dream.

And while the "software" was downloading you could write your own exchange terminal :-)

))) I had just got unlimited 64k, I probably did not know about it at once. Actually he told me))).

Alexander_K:

I don't know... Maybe they'll turn up one day...

I've been here a year, and these two have been working for 10 years. One was in machine learning, the other in probabilities. I was interested to talk to them... In any case, maybe it was good that they did not say anything - they kept the intrigue and belief in the Grail.

Maybe they were discouraged by the style of communication - you are all "pi.....s" and I am a dartan?)

vladevgeniy:

Maybe they were put off by the "you're all "pi.....s" and I'm a dartan?))

:)) Nah. I stand by my opinion - these people have found the Grail.

By the way, if anyone is interested - they worked exclusively with tics.

But, not with all of them - but they thinned them out somehow. They were interested in my experiments with Erlang's flows. They tried them on their models - it was not the case, they said. After that I stopped dealing with these flows, too.

They had fanciful distributions of increments - some triangular, bimodal. I don't know how they did it and in what models they used them.

Maybe this little information will help someone.

1. open a topic on the dependence of scalper profits on the phase of the moon.

2. A group of followers discusses the topic, then goes somewhere.

3. Before they disappear - discussing phases, thinning out.

I forgot to put an ellipsis at the end.

Alexander_K:

:)) Nah. I stand by my opinion - these people have found the Grail.

By the way, if anyone is interested - they worked exclusively with tics.

But, not all of them - but they were thinning them out somehow. They were interested in my experiments with Erlang's flows. They tried them on their models - it was not the case, they said. After that I stopped dealing with these flows, too.

They had fanciful distributions of increments - some triangular, bimodal. I don't know how they did it and in what models they used them.

Maybe this little bit of information will help someone.

First of all, even if the Grail is found, it does not mean that 100% of deals will be profitable. Remember that the Grail is just the most adequate reaction to the situation, but as we hopefully know that the price is always random in a certain pips range, we can get about %70 of profitable deals without additional averaging orders. But setting stops will not help either. So, even if the Grail is found, it doesn't mean that you will become a millionaire at once.
I would like to emphasize that the issue is in the methods of closing an unprofitable position without affecting the profitability of other orders that will anyway close on the plus side without averaging methods, etc.
If we were searching for the answer to this question, the Grail would not be really necessary.
Second, there is a lot of theory. The theory does not work as a rule. If it is not worked out in practice and proven effective in the smallest hypotheses. And that is the case here before testing a ready-made theory it must be determined whether its components influence the outcome of a situation or not. And then move on.

Martin Cheguevara:
First, even if the Grail is found, it does not mean that 100% of trades will be profitable. Remember that the Grail is just the most adequate reaction to the situation, but as we hopefully know that the price is always random in a certain point range, we can get about %70 of profitable trades without additional averaging orders. But setting stops will not help either. So, even if the Grail is found, it does not mean that you will become a millionaire at once.
The question I would like to emphasize is how to close unprofitable trades so that this method would not affect the profitability of other orders, which will anyway close in the open without averaging methods, etc.
But if we were to look for the answer to this question, the grail would not be necessary as a matter of fact.

As soon as you enter the market, the trade is always loss-making. Always.

Some guys don't close it until they run out of money.

Last week I visited an acquaintance's contest).

Martin Cheguevara:
The main question here is how to close an unprofitable trade so that this method does not affect profitability of other orders, which will close on the plus side without using averaging methods, etc.

Every order should not be closed on the profit side, especially if we use the averaging method, because the risks increase too much, and if we go against it. And the lot is already inadequate... I'm having a problem, whether to cover losing positions by the signal or to put a hard stop... I can do it both ways, but.... Nevertheless fight for the obligatory plus in a trade - it is scary and not for long

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Nothing more than a pretty picture.

Fortunately, it's not)
Reason: