In addition to - "Evaluate the results of the expert (2140 trades, not a single loss)" - another "no-loss system..." - page 6

Ronen:
I don't mind, if you still have it you can put it back on the site, I've already redone it five times and there's nothing left of the old one... otherwise I'd bring it back... and I don't want to show the redo yet... Sorry...
In fact, you don't really need an advisor.
I'll do it myself. And hand it out to everyone. Free of charge.

What is of interest is the idea. It is better to look at the idea and analyze it by looking at the Expert Advisor's code.

I have reviewed many EAs and come to the conclusion that most of them implement principles that the author has never thought of or is unaware of. This is what we need to find.

Ronen:
I don't mind, if you still have it you can put it back on the site, I've already redone it five times and there's nothing left of the old one... otherwise I'd bring it back... and I don't want to show the redo yet... sorry...
Ronen:
...so I've added some algorithm, which determines the trend or not, and if so, then closes all positions (no matter + or -) ... Of course "explain" the computer how to determine the trend at an early stage (not when already half dipo plum), it was not easy at all ...
But I think about 70% of the time it was correct...
It's not the Expert Advisor, it's the author's one. It would beinteresting to discuss the moment ofdetermining the trend. If you post it, I think the discussion might be of benefit to everyone.

GSB:
Ronen:
I don't mind, if you still have it you can put it back on the site, I've just remade it five times and there's nothing left of the old one... otherwise I'd bring it back... and I don't want to show the redo yet... sorry...
Ronen:
... so I added some algorithm, which determines the trend or not, and if so, closes all positions (no matter + or -) ... Of course "explain" the computer how to determine the trend at an early stage (not when you're already half full dipo), it was not easy ...
But I think about 70% of the time it was correct...
It's not the Expert Advisor, it's the author's one. It would be interesting to discuss the moment of determining the trend. If you post it, I think the discussion might be of some use to everybody.
I think it is impossible to judge whether the trading range is trending or flat. It is market noise that is traded, while the only way to deal with randomness is randomness, pardon the tautology. It means to enter on a random signal and use the basic rule of trading - limit losses and increase profits, put hard stops and go long with a favorable price movement.
As for determining the trend-flat, it is a question of questions in Forex and it has not been solved until now and probably will never be. What does it mean to determine correctly by 70%? If it means when passing 30% of the FUTURE TREND range we can confirm that there is still 70% left, it is the grail. We need to move to a higher TF and shoot millions.
And why is this system flat, in my opinion it is just a trend system, because it makes profit at breakdown and is based on stop orders and not on limit orders?

Of course it's a bummer, but after a couple of dozen tests, I've come to the conclusion that the "trend guessing" system is guessing with a "coin flip" probability, so... keep digging ... the seeker will always find it :)))

The EA works strangely somehow. At any timeframe and at any Orders_Space at the beginning the chart is steadily going upwards, and then within two positions it abruptly goes downwards. Can you explain in more details how it is conceived, because the algorithm does not really explain what the author wanted to do.

MAEstro:
The EA works strangely somehow. At any timeframe and at any Orders_Space at the beginning the chart is steadily going upwards, and then within two positions it abruptly goes downwards. Can you please explain in more details how it was designed? Because it is not clear from the algorithm what the author wanted to do.
If I knew myself what I wanted to do, I would just sit and think up all sorts of crazy ideas and test them on the tester... that's what I came up with. ..something.... It's just that all the "usual" stuff in forex is already thought of. I need something unusual... well, that's what I got... :)))

Ronen:
If I knew exactly what I wanted to do myself, I'd just sit around and come up with all sorts of crazy ideas and test them out on the tester... that's what I came up with. ...something.... It's just that all the "usual" stuff in forex is already thought of. I need something unusual... well, that's what I got... :)))
I see :)
I've just started in forex and I'm not very good at MQL4, but I would like to have such an EA:
1. I myself choose the direction of the trend
2. MTS opens a position in that direction
3. MTS hedges the position instead of the stop loss
4. If the trend reverses, the hedge is closed

I understand that I have not said anything new, but so far I have not been able to find such an MTS. Please send me a link or the text of the module.
I am grateful in advance.

MAEstro:

I see :)
I just started in forex and I'm not very good at writing in MQL4, but I would like to have such an EA:
1. I choose myself the direction of the trend.
2. MTS opens a position in that direction
3. MTS hedges the position instead of the stop loss
4. If the trend reverses, the hedge is closed

I understand that I have not said anything new, but so far I have not been able to find such an MTS. Please send me a link or the text of the module.
I am grateful in advance.
I particularly liked this one: 4. If the trend reverses, the hedge is closed.
This is a puzzling question... how will the computer determine whether the trend is returning or not? Sometimes I can't even tell by eye.
If you want to close a hedge with a loss every time the price returned to the original order, it is 100% loss, I checked it ...

Ronen:
I especially liked this point: 4. If the trend is back, the hedge closes
Question for you... how can the computer tell if the trend is back or not? Sometimes I can't even tell by eye.
The question is if you want to close a hedge with a loss every time the price returned to the original order, it's 100% loss, I checked it ...
Sorry, I realised that what I wrote about can be done with a pending order and a trailing stop. I just need to fix losses in case I missed a trend because I'm not always able to sit at the PC and I tried to put losing stops, they keep breaking through and as a result, even if I guessed at the trend, I will be in a loss. I try to place big stoplosses, I may get a big loss. The hedge variant seems more acceptable. I just want to simplify the setting of pending orders and trailing stops by specifying a direction in my Expert Advisor and let it open the required orders automatically. I know it's really easy, but I am not familiar with MQL4 at all, so I wanted to save my time :)
Anyway, I will have to look into it one day anyway...

mandor:
to Ronen
So you didn't manage to improve StockKey after all?
Well, yes, I failed... I'm out of ideas now... :(
Reason: