From theory to practice - page 632

Alexander_K2:

The grail is the absence of losing trades?

Well, not necessarily. Preferably, the profit should be several times larger than the stop and a dynamic lot. If you know where the level of take and where the stop is, then calculate the lot depending on the risk. If possible, of course. But one unsuccessful entry can eat up a couple of successful ones.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

If you know where the level of take and stop is, then calculate the lot depending on the risk. If it's possible, of course. But one unsuccessful entry may eat a couple of successful ones.

The lot, of course, needs to be increased... But not right now. Not at the end of the month.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

By the way, I analysed my penultimate deal on GBPUSD on the minutes.

The situation was very difficult and just on OPEN M1 would have been a direct loss or an endless drawdown. But using Erlang's ticks the TS has pulled it out, and even in "+". Minutes - to hell with it!

Alexander_K2:

For me, the Grail is +100% profit per month.

With what kind of drawdown?

Evgeniy Chumakov:

If you know where the take level is and where the stop level is, then calculate the lot depending on the risk.

He seems to have it this way: take = 0, respectively stop = 2 x take = 0.

everything complies with the rules of MM and risk

Alexander_K2:

For me the Grail is +100% profit per month.

i think it's 100% in a month, i wish it was a profit

Conclusion: working and testing your own TS on both M1 and tick data is all nonsense, a shame and a crime.

Only the formation of your own BPs using the healing algorithms of data reception and processing can lead to lining your pockets.

secret:
What kind of drawdown?

Most people here on the forum talk about the allowable drawdown of 30%, but even 10% makes me shudder. I'm a bit jumpy and nervous here, which is something I haven't seen before :))

Igor Makanu:

I think 100% in a month and you'll get it, I wish it was a profit

No, it's hard - I'm not saying anything.

In the version of the TS that works now, well, everything is taken into account - correlation and semi-correlation and something else, and still it's hard.

If the results of 3 months will be the notorious +0%, then I'll take my hat off to Bass, say that counter-trend trading - a complete crap and leave Forex, not to get upset anymore.

Alexander_K2:

Ahem... Is it in the report? No way - there will always be losing trades in any TS. There is nothing to argue about.

The grail is the absence of losing trades? If so, it is impossible to achieve.

For me, the Grail is +100% profit per month.

clearly

Renat Akhtyamov:
Who took down the SB thread?

What branch, Rena? Everything's in place, I think... Is that the one where you put in Warlock's graphics or something? You should delete them, since he didn't give you permission. Better slap a Grail on them and open a signal. The worshippers will thank you.

Reason: