Why are the indicators (lines, arrows, histograms) flickering in the MT5 terminal? - page 4

Stanislav Korotky:
There is no reconnection.
I didn't really look closely, but it was noticed that it blinks when reconnecting. Maybe it's just a coincidence I've had this happen more than once. Today I only saw the whole data window blink once and the entries above appear.

Have read the thread, it didn't work to reproduce the problem.

Exchange accounts on MT5 are different in that there are two unsynchronised tick streams - quotes and fins. And they are combined into one sometimes retroactively. I.e. a quote update tick came in with time X, and then a flipper came in with time Y < X. Then the tick history is changed retroactively.

In this case indicators must work on every tick. And in case of backward edits the indicators will behave differently than in FOREX.

fxsaber: I have read the thread, I could not reproduce the problem. Exchange accounts on MT5 are different in that there are two unsynchronised tick streams - quotes and fins. And they are combined into one sometimes retroactively. I.e. a quote update tick came in with time X, and then a flipper came in with time Y < X. Then the tick history is changed retroactively. In this case indicators must work on every tick. And in case of backward edits the indicators will behave differently than in FOREX.

On the one hand you have explained everything perfectly, but on the other hand you have failed to reproduce the problem. Why not? What broker do you have, a stockbroker or an OTC broker?

And then, if these two streams periodically become out of sync for the reasons beyond the control of the MT5 terminal user, does it mean that one has to put up with it and no software methods in MQL5 will fix this problem, which means that indicators have flickered, they still flicker and will flicker in future? Or is there a solution? I would like to finally hear the final verdict of the MQL5 developers.

fxsaber:

Have read the thread, it didn't work to reproduce the problem.

Exchange accounts on MT5 are different in that there are two unsynchronised tick streams - quotes and fins. And they are combined into one sometimes retroactively. I.e. a quote update tick came in with time X, and then a flipper came in with time Y < X. Then the tick history is changed retroactively.

In this case indicators must work on every tick. And in case of backward revisions the indicators will not behave like in FOREX.

I.e. the reason is either weak hardware or slow internet channel?

-Aleks-: So it's either a weak hardware or a slow internet connection?

Probably neither. Even if the Internet is good, there is still a chance that an IP packet with a last-price gets lost and a duplicate IP packet with that last-price arrives later, when it is no longer relevant, but the synchronization logic on the terminal side will still force the processing of the delayed last-price. This may be the reason for the flicker. However, I'm guessing it for experts, from whom I'm still waiting for an exact explanation and answer to the question - is it fixable or not?

Eugene Myzrov:

Probably neither. Even if the Internet is good, there is still a chance that an IP packet with a last-price gets lost and a duplicate IP packet with that last-price arrives later, when it is no longer relevant, but the synchronization logic on the terminal side will still force the processing of the delayed last-price. This may be the reason for the flicker. However, I'm guessing it for experts who are still waiting for exact explanation and answer whether it is removable or not.

It was a strong movement on gazprom today - a bar was not formed, but prices were far from the close price of the previous bar - and then the bar appeared - is it something like that?

On the other hand, I doubt the last price will come before the penultimate one...

Eugene Myzrov:

What kind of broker do you have, a stockbroker or an OTC broker?

BCS.
-Aleks-:

On the other hand, I doubt that the last price will come before the penultimate one...

The flippers on which the bars are built always come one after the other. But the Calculate event doesn't come only when the flipper arrives.

fxsaber:
BCS.

The flippers by which the bars are built always come one after the other. But the Calculate event doesn't just come when the flipper arrives.

But the number of bars counted only increases 1 time per bar regardless of which change caused the Calculate event or am I wrong? And only zeroing can cause the indicator to recalculate over the entire history.

Alexey Viktorov:
But the number of calculated bars increases only 1 time per bar, regardless of which change caused the Calculate event, or am I wrong? And only zeroing can cause recalculation of indicator on the whole history.

I cannot be sure of my knowledge on this subject. It is quite possible that the developers themselves have not yet fully calculated how this stock market nuance could affect the calculation of the indicators.

They have fallen into their trap/principle when they have required for themselves that indicator must be executed on 100% ticks. How they implemented this is up to them.

The only difference between a stock account and a FOREX account has been voiced. In Metaquotes-Demo with exchange symbols there should not be such a problem, because 15 min lag allows to broadcast both streams as already synchronized one. But this cannot be the case with exchange reals.

Reason: