Why are the indicators (lines, arrows, histograms) flickering in the MT5 terminal? - page 3

Stanislav Korotky:
It's a MT5 thing, imho.

Nothing just flashes like that.

But I've come across this effect before too.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Nothing just flashes like that.

But I've come across this effect before too.

So have I. Just like that or not just like that - we can't judge - the terminal is a black box to us.

Stanislav Korotky: Write to the service-desk.

Well, I will have to do some formalism, spend some more time and prepare a request to the service-desk. Although, I understand that the topic is topical, they could answer it here too.
In the meantime the indicators will be flashing on the chart like Christmas lights on a Christmas tree...

I haven't prepared a request to service-desk yet, I'm a bit busy with other things. But the interesting thing is that the indicators flicker (disappear and reappear) at weekends as well, but not in all MT5 terminals. The broker "OPEN" did not have flickers, and the broker "BCS" had a few flickers ( indicator updates on the chart) per minute. How can this be explained?

Eugene Myzrov:

I haven't prepared a request to service-desk yet, I'm a bit busy with other things. But the interesting thing is that the indicators flicker (disappear and reappear) at weekends as well, but not in all MT5 terminals. The broker "OPEN" did not have flickers, and the broker "BCS" had a few flickers ( indicator updates on the chart) per minute. How can this be explained?

Eugene, I don't have an account either in OPEN or in BCS so I can't check it. Look if the attached indicator will blink. In general, the blinking happens because of wrongly written code and at loss of connection to the server.
Files:

Eugene Myzrov:

What can the flicker of the indicators (lines, arrows, histograms) be related to, both in the main chart window and in a separate window? The impression is that the indicator is redrawn, and at the same time in the data window the labels and buffer values disappear from the list for a second, and then appear again in the list. Something wrong in the program code?

And this is only observed in the exchange terminal MT5, in MT4 it is not observed.

I confirm the blinking - it occurs only on one indicator - ZigZag from the delivery.

Does it blink (not often, but it is annoying)?

Alexey Viktorov: Eugene, I don't have an account neither in OPEN nor in BCS that's why I cannot check it. Have a look at the attached indicator if it will blink. In general, the blinking can be caused by the wrongly written code and loss of connection to the server.

Thank you Alexey. I checked your version, the value of indicator also disappears in the data window for a while to reappear later, so the problem is not solved by adding two extra calculation buffers, it only complicates and slows down the indicator. I have a version with one buffer like DRAW_COLOR_HISTOGRAM and INDICATOR_COLOR_INDEX and it behaves the same way. So the cause is still not eliminated.

Have you checked your own version on your account? What broker?

-Aleks-: I confirm the flashing - I only have it on one indicator - the ZigZag from the supply. Do you have it flashing (not often, but it's unnerving)?
Yes, the ZigZag blinks more frequently and "reliably" than the other indicators. I even have a suspicion that it is a characteristic property of indicators that have a buffer like DRAW_SECTION, or DRAW_COLOR_SECTION.

Eugene Myzrov:

Thank you Alexey. I checked your version, the value of indicator also disappears in the data window for a while to reappear later, so the problem is not solved by adding two extra calculation buffers, it only complicates and slows down the indicator. I have a version with one buffer like DRAW_COLOR_HISTOGRAM and INDICATOR_COLOR_INDEX and it behaves the same way. So the cause is still not eliminated.

Have you checked your own version on your account? What broker?

The main thing that I didn't like in your code, it's how the loop and CopyBufer() are organized on one bar. Well, it's up to everyone.

We are left with the second variant. It is reconnect to broker's server. We have to observe the entries in the log. When blinking the entries appear

2017.04.27 09:08:11.507 Network '5377998': scanning network for access points
2017.04.27 09:08:11.531 MQL5.community  activated for 'AlexeyVik', balance: *****
2017.04.27 09:08:31.739 Network '5377998': scanning network finished
2017.04.27 09:08:31.739 Network '5377998': auto connecting to a better access point with 87 % quality (previous: 83 %)
2017.04.27 09:08:31.744 Network '5377998': connection to MetaQuotes-Demo lost
2017.04.27 09:08:32.535 Network '5377998': authorized on MetaQuotes-Demo through Access Point RU (ping: 113.14 ms)
2017.04.27 09:08:32.535 Network '5377998': previous successful authorization performed from 31.173.85.142 on 2017.04.27 09:08:13
2017.04.27 09:08:32.687 Network '5377998': terminal synchronized with MetaQuotes Software Corp.
2017.04.27 09:08:32.687 Network '5377998': trading has been enabled - hedging mode

Alexey Viktorov:

That leaves the second option. It is to reconnect to the broker's server. You have to observe the entries in the logbook. When it blinks, the entries appear.

No reconnect.
Reason: