cannot set millisecond timer (500) - page 6

Slawa:
Error 1158 is a system error, saying you cannot set the timer
It means that your terminal has been running hendles for some time now. Because the default limit value is 10000, that's a lot, and this error didn't happen before.

That's the thing, it wasn't like this before. before the December build everything was fine.

I opened 12 charts,

I put an Expert Advisor on them + a lot of indicators,

So far, so good.

As soon as the error appears I will see how many Handles are open

As luck would have it, I can't catch the moment when the error occurs, under what conditions, it either doesn't exist or appears at once...

after restarting it was 820 hendles. (200 had disappeared)

no error yet, loading the system

14 windows + 1 EA on each + 24 indicators on each

Considering that the computer is not weak ... :-(

Комбинатор:
This means that your terminal has been running hendles for some time now. Because the default limit is 10000, which is a lot, and this error didn't happen before.
It's not just the handles that have been leaking for some time now.

Starting a fresh MT terminal causes x0000005 error - access to null pointer repeatedly. and even on refresh reload.

It's just cruel.

write to sd - silence in reply

Handles have nothing to do with it. Now I'm running one terminal on Amazon VPS (458 handles) and I can't start the utility with a timer (not a millisecond timer but a regular one). The timer won't start. Build 1031.

At the same time the same 1031 on RoboForex started timers with difficulty at the n-teenth attempt, but they've been working there steadily for more than a week. Now I'm afraid to stop them, because they won't even start.

How do I work now?

Everything runs on my home PC. Problem is mainly on weak VPS with low CPU time and not much RAM.

UPD As soon as CPU load was down from 100% to 70-80, the timer immediately started. But at the same time the second terminal can no longer start the timer, as the load is 100%.

Dmitriy Falkov:

Handles have nothing to do with it. Now I'm running one terminal on Amazon VPS (458 handles) and I can't start the utility with a timer (not a millisecond timer but a regular one). The timer won't start. Build 1031.

At the same time the same 1031 on RoboForex started timers with difficulty at the n-teenth attempt, but they've been working there steadily for more than a week. Now I'm afraid to stop them, because they won't even start.

How do I work now?

Everything runs on my home computer. The problem is mostly on weak VPS with low CPU time and not much RAM.

They have more or less nothing to do with it.

after the Expert Advisor crashes with error 1158 (handle limit) the terminal hangs and nothing works. - The only thing that helps is to close a chart

How do I work now?

On my home computer everything runs. The problem is mainly on weak VPS with low CPU time and not much RAM.

You just got lucky. i tested this error yesterday on my "not weak" computer with i7-6700 + 32gb DDr4+SSD+GTX1070 and so on.

The error is the same

Dmitriy Falkov:

What kind of error does GetLastError give out?

I got the whole thing up and running with a bang. Now the trades are already open there. So I'll leave the experiments for now and don't look at the error.

Speaking of workload. Previously, a standard minimum VPS with 512Mb of RAM could easily run 4-5 terminals: with robots or copying MQL-signals. Nowadays one terminal loads the system 100% after some time. And with every new build it becomes worse. IMHO

Error 4024 on high load. But on the fifth attempt, it started up on its own.
Reason: