cannot set millisecond timer (500) - page 2

Yury Kirillov:
Caught the error message: Error 4030 - chart not responding.

This rarely happens in MT4 - if there are no ticks, or rather if the broker has ALL off, then there is a working day and no quotes.

Then the timer does not start.

Sergiy Podolyak:

This rarely happens in MT4 - if there are no ticks, or rather if the broker has ALL off, then there is a working day and no quotes.

Then the timer will not start.

Thank you. I will think how to avoid it. I think we should put it in a loop or something.

Sergiy Podolyak:

Then the timer will not start.

Very interesting, the timer is needed 99% of the time so as not to depend on OnTick()

Solution found?

I have such a thing with the creation of the timer is reproduced on Windows Server 8.1 (2012 I think it goes), in 2008 all works, 2010 has not checked, I do not have at hand vpc with it.

there is an assumption that the timers are not friendly with certain OSes.

ry. and the error when creating a timer is 4024 i.e. internal error.

Alexandr Gavrilin:

Solution found?

I have such a thing with the creation of the timer is reproduced on Windows Server 8.1 (2012 I think it goes), in 2008 all works, 2010 has not checked, I do not have at hand vpc with it.

there is an assumption that the timers are not friendly with certain OSes.

ry. and the error when creating a timer is 4024 i.e. internal error.

Not found yet. But it is definitely not os. Because the error occurs only on 1 terminal and only from one broker, out of 3 included.

Vladislav Andruschenko:
Not found yet. But for sure it is not os. Because error occurs only on 1 terminal and only from one broker, out of 3 included.

I have 5 terminals of the same broker and all of them have popped up, today I wrote a simple script, threw it there - it works correctly.

Maybe they have already fixed it, as the customer was negotiating with VPS support.

Well, at least not at. I'm the only one. I thought I'd screwed up somewhere.

Alexandr Gavrilin:

I have 5 terminals of the same broker and all of them have popped up, today I wrote a simple script, threw it there - it works correctly.

Maybe they have already fixed it, as the customer was negotiating with VPS support.

Wasn't it BKS broker by any chance?

There is an error in the timer. What to do?

How do I fix it?
0 19:16:55.429 EXP___COPYLOT_Client_market33_TEST_1_MONTH AUDUSD.1,H1: Error with timer 4024
0 19:16:55.460 EXP___COPYLOT_Client_market33_TEST_1_MONTH AUDUSD.1,H1: Error with timer 0
1 19:17:45.531 EXP___COPYLOT_Client_market33_TEST_1_MONTH AUDUSD.1,H1: cannot set millisecond timer (500)
0 19:17:45.537 EXP___COPYLOT_Client_market33_TEST_1_MONTH AUDUSD.1,H1: Error with timer 4024
0 19:17:45.603 EXP___COPYLOT_Client_market33_TEST_1_MONTH AUDUSD.1,H1: Error with timer 0
1 19:18:06.211 EXP___COPYLOT_Client_market33_TEST_1_MONTH AUDUSD.1,H1: cannot set millisecond timer (500)
0 19:18:06.211 EXP___COPYLOT_Client_market33_TEST_1_MONTH AUDUSD.1,H1: Error with timer 4024

We will think about it.

Start by extending the diagnostics - there may be 5 or 6 reasons for the failure. We'll also revise the code to see if there's an error

Reason: