Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 262

Fernando Carreiro #:

As I have already, RSI(1) is the same as the candle going up or down. Is it that difficult to look at a candle to see if it is up or down?

hi, finally figure out that the RSI is not needed - that might be the reason its set to 1. its only using the RSI window to put other indicators. thank you =) 

aboka #: hi, finally figure out that the RSI is not needed - that might be the reason its set to 1. its only using the RSI window to put other indicators. thank you =) 

You are welcome!

Hi, I'm new to MT4, I'd like to ask if someone uses PositionSizeCalculator on MT4 on MAC iOS? How do you create a hotkey? i tried setting it up but it's not working on MAC. hope someone could help.

Because MT4 is multi-functional, user-friendly, and lets users tailor the interface to their needs, both new and seasoned traders value it.

Additionally, it provides sophisticated trading tools that enable users to apply their preferred strategies.

How can i create a text below of this first object?

Exemple: I want this...

My Name
My Adress
My Number

ObjectCreate("comment_label",OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);

ObjectSet("comment_label",OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,10);
      ObjectSet("comment_label",OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,20);

ObjectSetText("comment_label","MY NAME\n",9,"EngraversGothic BT",clrRed);

I can't skip line :(

gg_guerreiro #: How can i create a text below of this first object?
  1. Don't Hijack other threads for your off-topic post. Next time, make your own, new, thread.

2. You create another label below your “first object.”

Is it possible to draw a trendline on the actual MACD indicator in the indicator window? If so, how would I code this.

Dave #: Is it possible to draw a trendline on the actual MACD indicator in the indicator window? If so, how would I code this.

Yes, it is possible!

Have a look in the CodeBase. You should find something the similar to what you want and which you can use as a reference.

Remember to use a desktop browser if you wish to view and download the source code of CodeBase publications.

Dave #:

Is it possible to draw a trendline on the actual MACD indicator in the indicator window? If so, how would I code this.

bool  ObjectCreate( 
   long          chart_id,      // chart ID 
   string        object_name,   // object name 
   ENUM_OBJECT   object_type,   // object type 
   int           sub_window,    // window index 
   datetime      time1,         // time of the first anchor point 
   double        price1,        // price of the first anchor point 
   datetime      timeN=0,       // time of the N-th anchor point 
   double        priceN=0       // price of the N-th anchor point 
   );
bool  ObjectCreate( 
   string        object_name,   // object name 
   ENUM_OBJECT   object_type,   // object type 
   int           sub_window,    // window index 
   datetime      time1,         // time of the first anchor point 
   double        price1,        // price of the first anchor point 
   datetime      time2=0,       // time of the second anchor point 
   double        price2=0,      // price of the second anchor point 
   datetime      time3=0,       // time of the third anchor point 
   double        price3=0       // price of the third anchor point 
   );
sub_window

[in]  Number of the chart subwindow. 0 means the main chart window.
The specified subwindow must exist (window index must be greater or equal to 0 and less than WindowsTotal()), otherwise the function returns false.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, it is possible!

Have a look in the CodeBase. You should find something the similar to what you want and which you can use as a reference.

Remember to use a desktop browser if you wish to view and download the source code of CodeBase publications.

Yes, I have checked the code base but have found nothing in there that lets you know how to draw a trendline on the actual indicator's values instead of price in the main window. Its proving for me to be quite difficult. I can get it close but only using time which is not on the actual value of the main or signal values . Thank you though for trying to help.
Reason: