Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 260

Alexandr Spravchikov #:

Market order. did the following, if(Mas_Tip[0]>=1 && Ask<=OrderOpenPrice()) CloseBay(); doesn't work.

I don't understand very well from this piece of code. First, what kind of array is Mas_Tip[0]? Then do the OrderOpenPrice() and CloseBay() functions work correctly?

sashasonik #:

This piece of code is not very clear. First, what is the array Mas_Tip[0]? Then do the OrderOpenPrice() and CloseBay() functions work correctly ?

This is Bay Order Array, how do I write close order if Ask is bigger than Bay Order?

Alexandr Spravchikov #:

This is an Array Bay order, how to prescribe closing an order if Ask is larger than the Bay order

Use Print to check if you got the price of the open order correctly.
Print(OrderOpenPrice());
And I don't understand why you need an order array if you can get it by brute force and comparisons.

Александр Вараксин #:
Use Print to check if you correctly obtain the price of the open order.
Print(OrderOpenPrice());
And I don't understand why you need an order array if you can get it through brute force and comparisons.
I understand you want to get the order type from the array, how the array gets this value is not very clear to me and why you are comparing it >=1 if it's either 0 or 1.
You have a clear problem with the array. Find a normal function for getting an open order.
I'm not psychic, and we'll be chatting like this for a long time)

CloseBay() definitely won't work, already at compile time.

When passing arguments to a double function, the dll shows rubbish, although this was not the case before, although if you pass an array element High[0] everything is fine.

Hi!

I downloaded today the mt4setup.exe file. (from the official site)

The file -surprisingly- installs the mt5 on the my pc. What is it? How can I install mt4?

Thanks!

Zsolt

Zsolt #:

Hi!

I downloaded today the mt4setup.exe file. (from the official site)

The file -surprisingly- installs the mt5 on the my pc. What is it? How can I install mt4?

Thanks!

Zsolt

We can install MT4 from the brokers' websites now.

Zsolt #: I downloaded today the mt4setup.exe file. (from the official site)

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 300+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum (2018)

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

so i have a live account and i am trying to trade what is the minimum amount needed for the market to be opened on my account so i can actually trade and start making some profits 
Reason: