Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 42

Alexey Kozitsyn:
We don't smoke and we don't advise you not to))) MT4 is no longer being finalised, only bugs being fixed.

Pity you don't smoke) It used to be a nice smokehouse.)

How long will MT4 last? What do you think? I need to do one project, it is not compatible with MT5. The project is expensive and voluminous, full implementation will take at least half a year. It would be a shame to invest time and money in something that will be shut down in a couple of months)).

Левитин Сергей В.:

Pity you don't smoke) It used to be a nice smokehouse.)

How long will MT4 last? What do you think? I need to do one project, it is not compatible with MT5. The project is expensive and voluminous, full implementation will take at least half a year. It would be a shame to invest time and money in something that will be shut down in a couple of months)).

No one is going to shut down MT4. Although, now absolutely everything that can be done on mql4 can be done on mql5.

Левитин Сергей В.:

... One project needs to be done, it is not compatible with MT5. The project is expensive and voluminous, full implementation will take at least half a year. It would be a shame to invest time and money in something that will be shut down in a couple of months))

And what exactly prevents you from making this project for MT5?

There are enough smokers

https://www.mql5.com/ru/job

Фриланс-сервис на MQL5.com
Фриланс-сервис на MQL5.com
  • www.mql5.com
Заказы на разработку программ для трейдинга

Anatoli Kazharski:
What exactly prevents you from making this project for MT5?
He wrote that he hasn't looked in the mailroom for a long time, apparently, he is not aware that differently directed positions appeared on MT5 at the same time. So a complex project must be developed on MT5 where there are more possibilities.

Anatoli Kazharski:
And what prevents you from making this project for MT5?

I don't deny its ignorance, I won't deny it... But there are real explanations, I got and still get everything I needed from MT4. I tried to switch to MT5, but here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3456 I faced the lack of MT5 tester with "Open prices" model and, as consequence, the decrease of optimizer performance for my purposes. Has something changed since then?

Then I faced the multi-threaded optimizer) And the task, in a simplified manner, was the following: an Expert Advisor reads a number from a file, increases it by one and writes back the number of EA's runs in the optimizer in the file at the end of its run. The multi-threaded work of the optimizer gave up this primitive but necessary task... Although I do not remember anymore, I failed to "switch" the optimizer to single-threaded mode or was not satisfied by the speed of this single-threaded mode....

Now you can run the optimizer in single-threaded mode without any remote and local agents?

Sergey Gritsay:
But he wrote that he has not looked into the "clean room" for a long time and perhaps he is not aware that differently directed positions have appeared simultaneously on MT5.

It does not interest me at all)

Вопросы новичка в MQL5. Профи не проходите мимо.
  • www.mql5.com
1) Область видимость структур такая как у просто переменных?

Левитин Сергей В.:

I don't deny its ignorance, I won't deny it... But there are real explanations, I've got and still get everything I need from MT4. I tried to switch to MT5, but here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3456 I faced the lack of MT5 tester of "Open prices" model and, as consequence, the decrease of optimizer performance for my purposes. Has something changed since then?

Then I faced the multi-threaded optimizer) And the task, in a simplified manner, was the following: an Expert Advisor reads a number from a file, increases it by one and writes back the number of EA's passes in the optimizer in the file at the end of its run. The multi-threaded work of the optimizer gave up this primitive but necessary task... Although I do not remember anymore, I failed to "switch" the optimizer to single-threaded mode or was not satisfied by the speed of this single-threaded mode....

Now you can run the optimizer in single-threaded mode without any remote and local agents?

So much has changed and been corrected/added since then that it is impossible to list them all.

There are now other methods of getting the results you want. An example can be found in this articlePrescriptions of MQL5 - Saving Optimization Results of a Trading Expert Advisor by Specified Criteria

Anatoli Kazharski:

Since then, so much has changed and been fixed/added that it is impossible to list them all.

Now there are other methods to achieve the results you need. An example can be found in this article:MQL5 Recipes - Saving the Optimization of a Trading Expert Advisor by Specified Criteria

Thanks for the link, I will certainly read it...

Except not much has changed, put in MT5, ran optimization of standard Moving Average Expert Advisor for November 4H, by opening prices:

2016.12.22 16:39:53.023 Tester optimization finished, total passes 7200
2016.12.22 16:39:53.245 Statistics optimization done in 0 minutes 22 seconds
2016.12.22 16:39:53.245 Statistics local 7200 tasks (100%), remote 0 tasks (0%), cloud 0 tasks (0%)

Ran the same in MT4:

2016.12.22 16:34:05.563 There were 7200 passes done during optimization, 4355 results have been discarded as insignificant
2016.12.22 16:34:05.550 Moving Average: optimization finished at 0:00:03
2016.12.22 16:34:02.291 Moving Average: optimization started
2016.12.22 16:30:39.571 Expert Moving Average EURUSD,H4: loaded successfully

The optimization results are the same...

Removed MT5)

Alexey Kozitsyn:
No one is going to close MT4. However, everything that can be done on mql4 can be done on mql5 as well.

I will be quite satisfied with such a development.

Левитин Сергей В.:

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely read it...

Except not much has changed, put in MT5, ran the optimization of the standard Moving Average EA for Nov 4H, by opening prices:

2016.12.22 16:39:53.023 Tester optimization finished, total passes 7200
2016.12.22 16:39:53.245 Statistics optimization done in 0 minutes 22 seconds
2016.12.22 16:39:53.245 Statistics local 7200 tasks (100%), remote 0 tasks (0%), cloud 0 tasks (0%)

Ran it in MT4 as well:

2016.12.22 16:34:05.563 There were 7200 passes done during optimization, 4355 results have been discarded as insignificant
2016.12.22 16:34:05.550 Moving Average: optimization finished at 0:00:03
2016.12.22 16:34:02.291 Moving Average: optimization started
2016.12.22 16:30:39.571 Expert Moving Average EURUSD,H4: loaded successfully

And the optimisation results are the same...

What are the parameters of tester and tested EA for optimization (screenshots) ?

Was the history uploaded for the tester ?

Anatoli Kazharski:

What are the parameters of the tester and the EA to be tested for optimisation (screenshots) ?

Was the history downloaded for the tester?

The history was uploaded, the parameters are the same, full search of two MA parameters, without genetics. The link I gave above https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3456 is the same, nothing has changed...

Try it yourself. Maybe I really do have hooks in my hands...

Your quote is from that thread:

Anatoli Kazharski:
Developers still need to add one more option for selection. That's the old option"At opening prices". It is quite enough for many ideas. I have achieved identical results in all modes in MT4. The cloud will then become a super cloud if tested in the old variant)).
  • www.mql5.com
1) Область видимость структур такая как у просто переменных?
Reason: