MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 74

komposter:

I wasn't talking about "understands", I was talking about "saves".

I mean:

You should try giving it the source in Unicode. Then it will save it in Unicode.

Studio has this behavior.

MQ, please add the "Commission" column to the "Result" tab in the Tester.

ME 875

I am behind a proxy ( ME does not allow to specify a proxy server )

2013.11.27 09:28:26.136 Storage invalid MQL5 login or password is empty

2013.11.27 09:28:24.133 Storage invalid MQL5 login or password

2013.11.27 09:26:43.503 MQL Base failed to connect to server - data.mql5cdn.com [80]

artmedia70:

To update the terminal, do this:

1. Update available (log message)
  2. Reboot terminal manually
  3. Update is downloaded (message in the log)
  4. Manually restart the terminal
  5. Terminal will ask if it wants to change
  6. Agree to change - terminal restarts automatically and starts the updated terminal
  7. Disagree to change - continue working with the current build

You will also be asked at the fifth point. How can you miss it??????????
And you are working with the 509th build. What got you into the beta testing branch? Go work. No offense.

You must have me confused with someone else. What makes you think I'm working with build 509?

I checked it out today.

I start the terminal, I go to the log. I see a message.

2013.11.27 11:36:59.871    LiveUpdate: new version 4.00 build 549 is available

I look at the connection status. Incoming packets are coming in heavily.

I get an entry in the log.

2013.11.27 11:39:05.900    LiveUpdate: finished

Nothing else happens. No one prompts me to upgrade.

I close terminal manually. I wait a little.

I restart it again and bam! Terminal updates itself without my permission.

I have UAC disabled and everything happens without my knowledge.

Maybe you have UAC instead of terminal at point 5 of your action list?

Nemser:

Nothing else happens. No one offers to upgrade.

Closing the terminal manually. Waiting for a while.

Start again and bang! Terminal updates itself without my permission.

1. That's the way it's designed.

This is how the developers force users to "force" the terminals to update.

2. "LiveUpdate: finished" and is a hint that the terminal needs to restart to update.

If you don't want to update, don't restart the terminal.

Nemser:

You must have me confused with someone else. What makes you think I work with the 509 build?

I checked it out today.

I start the terminal, I go to the log. I see a message.

I look at the connection status. Incoming packets are coming in heavily.

I get an entry in the log.

Nothing else happens. No one prompts me to upgrade.

I close terminal manually. I wait a little.

I restart it again and bam! Terminal updates itself without my permission.

I have UAC disabled and everything happens without my knowledge.

Maybe you have UAC asking at the 5th item on your action list, not the terminal?

Your indignation that you are trading with real money and the terminal updates itself at the will of Shaitan looks very strange. But in order to update it to a beta-version, you need to specially connect your terminal not to the server of your brokerage company but to the demo server of MetaQuotes. And many of those who want to beta test the updated terminal are not able to do it correctly the first time. You have found this branch, followed the connection procedure and started to raise indignation.

Why???????

poruchik:

when installing a custom indicator (ZUP) on a chart, it removes the previously set graph objects - trend, horizontal, ellipse

Can you detail the steps to reproduce, can't reproduce

there were 4 ZUP on the chart, I drew the trend (by a line segment), removed 1 ZUP, when I switched to another timeframe the trend disappeared

i have already experimented with this, i put different graphical objects on the blank chart and then i installed ZUP - and similarly objects have disappeared when i switch to different TF

I had no such problems with other indicators, ZUP V.14 - everything is OK.

ZUP was 135, I did not find anything in logs

++++++++

in addition I noticed that some scripts are not deleted at all, even if I install a template, the script shows up in the tab

Win - XP

artmedia70:

Your indignation that you are trading with a lot of live money and that the terminal upgrades itself at the will of Shaitan looks very strange. But in order for it to update to the beta version, you need to specifically connect your terminal not to the server of your brokerage company, but to the demo server of MetaQuotes. Moreover, many of those who want to beta test the updated terminal may not be able to do it correctly the first time. You've found this branch, followed the connection procedure and began to be indignant.

Why???????

Well, duh! So I'm engaged in beta-testing too! And it's no accident that I'm reading this thread. That's why I give my opinion about terminal's operation and things that could be improved in my opinion.

Updating of real terminals, not for beta testing, is done in the same way - without user's permission. This is what is wrong and dangerous in my opinion. Just to be clear, I'll clarify again. I'm concerned about the very mechanism of applying updates, spherical in a vacuum! My working terminals are not updated, only the beta version is updated!

Imagine that a situation may arise when a new build is released and DC updates the terminal on the server. Updates are automatically downloaded to you and installed after restarting the terminal.

In the new build changes have occurred, for example, in the processing of trading functions.

You have a real account on which the Expert Advisors work and after the terminal update, the Expert Advisors do not work as expected. What do you think about this situation?

And please leave your admonitions for those "who can not set up connection to demo server" the first time.

And real accounts are working as they should on 509 build on the server and I don't plan to update them before the end of testing of new builds....

Do you have something to say on the matter?

Nemser:

Well, duh! Well, I'm beta-testing too! And it's no accident that I'm reading this thread. That's why I'm giving my opinion on how the terminal works and what I think can be improved.

Updating of real terminals, not for beta testing, is done in the same way - without user's permission. This is what is wrong and dangerous in my opinion. Just to be clear, I'll clarify again. I'm concerned about the very mechanism of applying updates, spherical in a vacuum! My working terminals are not updated, only the beta version is updated!

Imagine that a situation may arise when a new build is released and DC updates the terminal on the server. Updates are automatically downloaded to you and installed after restarting the terminal.

There are some changes in new build, for example in processing trading functions.

You have a real account with Expert Advisors and after the terminal update, the Expert Advisors do not work as intended. How do you feel about this situation?

And please leave your instructions for those "who can not set up a connection to the demo server the first time".

And real accounts are working as they should on the 509 build on the server and I don't plan to update them until the end of testing of new builds....

Do you have anything to say on the matter?

I've said a lot here before, and not just here.

About the dedicated. You are working on 509th build. Look through the forum and see what kind of tears some of us cried about it. A lot of tears were shed here. They cried that that was it... the end of their money... the end of the world... But in the end, they keep on trading. Now they are beginning to see the next update in the same way. A global one.

Don't worry. They will not steal your money ;)

What I mean is to be creative in the decisions of the MCs, to take their policies as given. And work. If you have suggestions and wishes to improve the terminal and its behaviour, don't come here. Write to ServiceDesk. There, your well-grounded request and your suggestions will not get lost, you will get an answer and, maybe, reach out to the developers. There's no need to fluff about it here. Let's test it in working order, eh?

Reason: