What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 16

220Volt:
that all of this should happen with the introduction of templates in the language.
and they have been in MQL5 for a long time.

sergeev:

No. Because only the terminal is changed, the server is not touched.

I don't see the logic. The terminal may well be Unicode, communicating with the server using the old protocol.

TheXpert:
I don't see the logic.

the first example is the warrant comment.

sergeev:
show me an example.

Connecting dlls mainly. Without knowing the size of the character, you don't know what type of function to plug in.

sergeev:
the first example is the order comment.
OK, I converted it to UTF8 and it's pretty much fine.

#ifdef is needed... ...is going to be needed.

MetaDriver:

Renat, will the string data type be changed ? Are there plans to convert MT4 to Unicode? If yes, then there will be problems with serviceability of old DLL for MT4 working with ANSI strings. If not - problems with writing universal mql5/4 code.

String has become Unicode.

In normal non strict mode transparent conversion to ANSI and back will work when calling DLL. In strict mode, pure unicode strings will be passed to DLL as in MT5.

sitt:

Excuse me, but what about you? If a person manages to earn on it it does not matter whether there is a bug or not, I for example do not know whether I have a bug in some turkey, but if I earn I do not care whether there is or not, to sit hungry from the realization that fixed a bug, you know how it is not inspired.

The irony about the bun was quite appropriate, it reflects the seriousness of earning.

If you're making money, you won't have a problem ordering quality code, and you won't risk continuing to use stolen and broken code.

Unless, of course, you're trading like those fishermen who 'put the big one in a mayonnaise jar' ;)

Renat:

string has become Unicode.

In normal unicode mode, transparent conversion to and from ANSI will work when the DLL is called.

The same conversion will also work when an order is opened.

Unicode will be converted when the order is sent to ANSI. Half a character will be lost.

sergeev:

The same conversion will also work when the order is opened.

Unicode will be converted when the order is sent to ANSI. Half a character will be lost.

There will be a one-way conversion when transferring strings to the order. This is a requirement of the MT4 server, which does not support Unicode or UTF8.

Renat:

Full compatibility of the old language is maintained.

In addition, we are launching a long (up to two months) beta test of the new version so that everyone can test their programs for compatibility with the new compiler.

The new compiler will lead to a real increase in the quality of programs in addition to functionality and great acceleration. There is no need to weep. We should work.

How's the minute story?
Reason: