Suggestions for MQL syntax - page 2

Alexey Navoykov:

Well, what exactly was there? Last I remember, there was an implicit copy operator that allowed copying dynamic objects, but that's nothing, especially as a lot of time has passed since then.

I haven't kept timekeeping, for example, when did function pointers appear in classes? It doesn't feel older than 2 years. And I said additions are minor, like the above. I'm currently mastering Ninja 8.

This is just a list of everything that is in C++ and what is not in mql. Is there anything left in c++ that is not on the wishlist and not in mql?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

This is just a list of everything that is in C++ and what is not in mql. Is there anything in c++ that's not on the wish list and not in mql?

It turns out that maybe we didn't need our own mql language. Maybe, it would be better to write EAs/indicators in C++ from the very beginning?

Koldun Zloy:

This small number of people can write libraries that everyone will use.

How many of these libraries are there ?

So far, apart from fxsaber's compatibility library, I can't think of any. That said, the question is - do most of the participants really use it?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I'm currently mastering Ninja 8.

What's the point?

Stanislav Aksenov:

So, maybe we didn't need our own mql language? Maybe it would have been better to initially write EAs/indicators in C++?

I've read about it many times in various traders' blogs.

But I don't see a big problem here - all interfaces with the trade server must be written separately anyway. It does not make much difference which language to use. The good thing about C++ is that many people have a lot of experience in it.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I haven't kept timekeeping, for example, when did function pointers appear in classes? It feels no older than 2 years. And I said additions are minor, like the above. I'm currently mastering Ninja 8.

Functions in classes? You mean static? Because I thought I missed something... I ran to check it on common methods - no, it didn't work)

Well, it seems that pointers to static methods appeared at the same time when the pointers to normal functions, no? This announcement is from April 16, i.e. 2.5 years ago. In principle it is not too far from your sensations. But 2.5 years is not a long period either.

It's just that I may not have used the phrase "in recent years..." I meant the horizon of the last couple of years.

Stanislav Aksenov:

So, maybe we didn't need our own mql language? Maybe it would have been better to initially write EAs/indicators in C++?

Yes, either that or... they could have taken off-the-shelf open source C++ compiler code and with a nifty move of their hand... the trousers turn, turn the trousers... into an elegant MQL that would have everything that C++ has except address arithmetic

And it's not only about C++. In my list, only templates belong to C++, which I purposely put in the end. But the first part is universal, both for C++ and C#. I.e. these are features needed in any language

By the way, when it comes to pointers to methods (delegates), I forgot to add it to my list, which is also a necessary thing. More important than the template twists and turns
Reason: