Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1142

LRA:
Started in strategy tester MACD Sample, then Moving ... - There are no indicators on the chart. Describe your actions in detail - I will repeat them and see...
Entered external variable ADX_period (any period), declared variables adx1,adx2,dipl1,dipl2,dimn1,dimn2. Assigned iADX values to the variables. When the tester is running, indicators are not drawn in the macd and MA, but in my case they are drawn. I noticed it after your comment. But it is drawn after I stop it in MACD and MA. The thing is, if I change their parameters in the code, they change on the chart, but in my case nothing happens, just adx14 and ma are added.

LRA:

From your answer: for today's MT5 perspective - for today's MT4

In confirmation of what you said let me express my opinion IMHO.

IMHO, "In my humble opinion" ..... "I have an opinion - can't argue with it".

A little about myself: I know MQ4 very well and MQ5 in a small way. In my neighbouring thread I made 1 hour to remake and describe in details indicator from MT5 to MT4

As the Americans say, OK, let's do the math.

1. most programs in CodeBase on MT4

2. MQ5 is more complicated and programs on it are longer. Example 1: The indicator in MQ4 is called with one function. In MQ5 you should a) create a handle b) call c) destroy the handle

Example2: An order on MQ4 is opened using one function. In MQ5 we have to a) fill the structure of parameters b) call the function

3. For MQ5, you need to use the MT5 terminal. There are brokers, which only use MT4

4. MQ4 is much easier and faster to learn than MQ5 - this can be seen from the previous points

5. And most importantly - the transition from MQ4 to MQ5 is easier than the initial learning of MQ5.

It is an IMHO and there is no point in arguing about it. You have already expressed your opinion twice in this thread alone.

Most of the programs have already been rewritten for the mt5 platform

mql5 is more complicated? If you have learned it from scratch, there is no difference.

If you learn it from scratch, there is no difference.

Why would you make some kind of transition from mql4 to mql5 if you can switch to mql5, why bother with mql4?

And do not confuse people with the right path!

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Most programs have already been rewritten for the mt5 platform

mql5 is more complicated? You should stop saying such nonsense, it's more complicated only for those who have been writing in mql4 their whole life, if you learn it from scratch, there is no difference.

If you learn it from scratch, there is no difference.

Why would you make some kind of transition from mql4 to mql5 if you can switch to mql5, why bother with mql4?

Most of the programs have already been rewritten - have you considered whether this is enough?

Is mql5 more complicated? - yes, and this is shown by concrete examples. You could give even more serious examples. Can you give us some reverse examples?

There are already enough brokerage companies working with mt5 - it is enough for you, not enough for someone. Many brokerage companies have only demo.

You may use your opinion - have you used yours? Anger and emotions instead of arguments!

This thread of the forum is about MQL4. Your opinion here is of little interest to anyone.

By the way, what's the argument about? You're saying that MQL5 is a perspective, while MQL4 should be used.

You want to lead people astray, to get rid of competitors? Then I understand your anger and lack of respect for the opinion of the majority.

In the thread where you were discussing language differences six months ago, the possibility of going from 4 to 5 in a week was mentioned.

And look at the description of the library for 5. Can you learn it from scratch in a week without knowing the language? So it turns out: learn 4, then painlessly into 5.

And here is the analysts' opinion. Still using Metatrader 4. So, if you are new to Forex, start with this platform. If you are a programmer, we also recommend starting with MQL4, this language is easier.

MetaTrader 4 или MetaTrader 5 ?
  • Kirill
  • www.speculant.com
Metatrader 4 против Metatrader 5 Довольно часто мы слышим вопросы, почему MT5 не такой популярный как МТ4. Давайте, наконец, разберемся в чем же дело. Несмотря на название Metatrader 5 – это не новая версия Metatrader 4, а совершенно другая платформа. Эти программы разрабатываются параллельно компанией MetaQuotes Software Corp, и какой из них...

Маргарита Королёва:
I want to learn how to program in MQL. Where do I start with 4 or 5?

Definitely MetaTrader 5. By the way, don't hesitate to contact me personally - I always help, but only to those who work with MQL5.

I'm not going to argue or argue, because it will turn into an ice-fight :)

I'm reminded of an old story about an egg and a chicken :) Sorry guys, I did not even think that my question may provoke an argument :( I did not mean to. I respect everyone's opinion. I've read the article "MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5" and I believe that the main reason why traders are hesitant to use MT5 is the "Lack of locking" feature. But on the vendor's website, in the section "MetaTrader 5 trading platform" I see with my own eyes: "In the MetaTrader 5 multimarket platform a hedging system of order bookings is available, which allows opening several deals for each instrument, including multidirectional ones." A screenshot of the terminal (ibid) confirms this. The question arises - what is the catch? To be honest - I haven't had a chance to "tug on the tooth" the MT5 platform yet. Maybe, it may be the reason why I misunderstand something...
Vladimir Karputov:

...feel free to contact me personally - I always help, but only those who work with MQL5.

Vladimir, I am grateful to you for the invitation and I'll be glad to visit you sometime on occasion :)

Маргарита Королёва:
It reminds me of the old story of the chicken and the egg :) Guys, I'm sorry, I had no idea I'd provoke an argument with my question :( I didn't mean to. I respect everyone's opinion. I've read the article "MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5" and I've got an opinion that the main reason why traders are hesitant to use MT5 platform is "the lack of possibility to lock trades". But on the vendor's website, in the section "MetaTrader 5 trading platform", I see with my own eyes: "MetaTrader 5 multimarket platform has a hedging system of orders accounting, which allows opening several deals, including multi-directional ones, for each instrument". A screenshot of the terminal (there) confirms this. The question arises - what is the catch? To be honest - I haven't had a chance to "tug on the tooth" the MT5 platform yet. Perhaps, this is why I do not understand something...

No catch, that's exactly what happened.

I am going to add my opinion. When I mastered mql5 at a very low level, I have lost the desire to use mql4.

Alexey Viktorov:

No catch, that's exactly what happened. ...

I get it, "was" is the key word :)

I am grateful to everyone who responded and helped me (and maybe others here who are still in doubt) to make up their minds :) I will slowly start studying MQL :) And may fortune favours everyone who needs it :)

I guess it was just a glitch. ... ... I created a new template, copied everything into it and it all worked fine.

Alexey Viktorov:

No catch, that's exactly what happened.

My heart feels that there is still a catch...

I downloaded MT5, opened a demo account with my broker, but the vendor said:"The MetaTrader 5 multimarket platform has a hedging system of order bookkeeping, which allows opening several deals for each instrument, including multidirectional ones. "I cannot confirm it yet :(.

Maybe I haven't finished something? Then what to do next - to enable some option directly somewhere in MT5? Or is it solely up to the broker and the issue needs to be resolved with him?

Guys! Does anyone have any code for calculating cycles using the rain method? At least in C.

I'm surfing the net. I only found one for Matlab. I saw some C code somewhere, but lost the link.