Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 410

Younga:
Can I use a different timeframe and e.g. EURCHF?
So, according to the TS, you have to wait and catch the trend... If you're not sure of the direction you're moving, then buy with minimal volume... like this... but if you missed it - so you missed something, you didn't see it, you didn't catch the wind from the wings of the butterfly that's causing the tornado...))

RRR5:
How do you do parabola regression in ALGLIB? There's only linear regression there.

http://alglib.sources.ru/dataanalysis/

This is correct, the regression is linear multifactor in the form:

function = tool1 * lot1 + tool2 * lot2 + tool3 * lot3 + ...

where a parabola (or any other function) is given as a function

minimize the sum of squares of deviations of the linear polynomial from the function

transcendreamer:

and inside this block replace the line

MODEL[j]=sign*Model_Growth*MathSqrt(MathAbs(x));

with this line.

MODEL[j]=sign*Model_Growth*MathSqrt(MathAbs(x));

You've got a mistake here.

you meant to say replace with :

MODEL[j]=sign*Model_Growth*MathPow(x,2);

transcendreamer:
you used the parabola formula y=x^2.

Is it possible in general to use the quadratic parabola formula y=ax2+bx+c in your code?

or are there a lot of unknowns? a,b,c.

Yes, right, hurried up, but in the attached code seems to be without errors, replace the square root by the square,

In general, you can use any function, including high order polynomials, and even the unforgettable "neighbour's fence".

transcendreamer:

Yes, right, hurried up, but in the attached code seems to be without errors, replace the square root by the square,

And in general any function can be used, including polynomials of higher orders, and even the unforgettable "neighbour's fence".

yes, i tried neighbour's fence )) by the way, it's not a bad pattern )))

neighbour's fence

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

yeah yeah, i've tried the neighbour's fence ) not a bad pattern by the way ))))

sometimes a neighbour's fence can be a pretty peculiar feature

transcendreamer:

sometimes the neighbour's fence can be a rather peculiar function

we don't care ) we can't draw 5 lines, we can draw 10 lines )

transcendreamer:

In general, you can use any function, including high order polynomials, and even the unforgettable "neighbour's fence".

Then why is this section called "linear regression" in the alglibe, if even a quadratic function can be used?
http://alglib.sources.ru/dataanalysis/linearregression.php

A linear regression is a regression that produces a line. )

RRR5:

Then why is this section called "linear regression" in the alglibe, if you can even use a quadratic function?
http://alglib.sources.ru/dataanalysis/linearregression.php

Linear regression is regression on a line. )

As correctly noted, it is a regression on a LINE, not on a plane or a volumetric figure. And a line can be anything.

I couldn't understand it either, it seemed to me that only a straight line was meant.
Reason: