Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 411

RRR5:

Then why is this section called "linear regression" in the alglibe, if even a quadratic function can be substituted there?
http://alglib.sources.ru/dataanalysis/linearregression.php

Linear regression is a regression that produces a line. )

Not exactly, linear regression is a model of linear relationship between the target variable and the input variables, in the special case when the input variable is one we get y=a*x+c where c is a free term constant (vertical shift) and this special case can be represented graphically as a line on a plane, in case of two input variables it is a linear polynomial y=a1*x1+a2*x2+cit can be represented as a plane, and it is also a linear regression, when there are more than two variables it cannot be represented even in 3D, but it is also a linear model, and the target function (y) can be defined as desired, it can be a line and a root and a parabola and a sine and a neighborhood fence, that is any function can be used as the target variable (discretely by points).

transcendreamer:

Not exactly, linear regression is a model of linear relationship between the target variable and the input variables, in the special case when the input variable is one we get y=a*x+c where c is a free term constant (vertical shift) and this special case can be represented graphically as a line on a plane, in case of two input variables it is a linear polynomial y=a1*x1+a2*x2+cit can be represented as a plane, and it is also a linear regression, when there are more than two variables it cannot be represented even in 3D, but it is also a linear model, and the target function (y) can be defined as desired, it can be a line and a root and a parabola and a sine and a neighbour's fence, that is any function can be used as the target variable (discretely by points).

Can a parabola be obtained as the result function?

i.e. solve the problem in reverse of yours.

You have a parabola and approximate the synthetic to it.

Do you want to approximate a parabola that best fits on the price chart? Is lrbuild going to work?

RRR5:
can we get a parabola as the resulting function?

i.e. solve the problem in reverse of yours.

You have a parabola and approximate the synthetic to it.

Do you want to approximate a parabola that best fits on the price chart? Is lrbuild going to work?

In this case we can also use non-linear models, e.g. the PolynomialFit function, but it has its own peculiarities such as conversion from/to a barycentric form.

transcendreamer:

In this case you can also use non-linear models such as the PolynomialFit function, but it has its own features such as conversion from/to barycentric form

I see. It's probably more complicated there.

RRR5:
ok. it's probably more complicated there.

Yes, so if the starting point is known, I would try to do a simple enumeration in the loop y=k*x^2 on the variable k.

truth is out there

transcendreamer:

Well, after you hand over the bottles, why don't we start a portfolio trade with synthetics on the forex market?

transcendreamer:

Better choice: factory+mine+construction in three shifts, but forget about trading, it's a waste of time

For some reason, Trans - when he mentions an entrance hall or a factory ... he forgets to mention that he means his own factory, like forex is transitory - go to his factory and work there ... :)

Aleksander:
forgets to mention that he means his own plant

He did, he bought factories, but he didn't buy workers - he forgot.

Reason: