Negro! - page 106

Mischek2:
There is no such cow, Kovalev tried to explain it to you three years ago.
You like to confuse the soft with the warm. What exactly do you have against cutting losses while they are small and increasing profits to the maximum?

alexx_v:
You like to confuse the soft with the warm. What exactly do you have against cutting the loss while it is small and increasing the profit to the maximum?

In my opinion, this does not affect the profitability of the trade. A long profit is likely to be followed by a series of small losses. But the lack of trading (sitting on profits) reduces the return on investment.

Just like trend trading. A trend is an illusion, it has no substance (immutable essence) - it is constantly changing. There is nothing to latch on to. There is no fish in it. It is like a tailwind or headwind, which either helps or hinders our movement, but does not move us. How do we move then? We move by means of steps. Trend trading simply avoids major drawdowns, but does not lead to any profits (movement to success). The mathematical expectation of profit, the average profitability per trade (per step) is what matters.

Although, if we consider an example, one long move of 150 pips equals 10 moves of 15 pips, which accounts for ten losing trades of 10 pips:

150 - 10*10 = 50

or

15*10 - 10*10 = 50

the result is the same - the profit factor does not change (without taking the spread into account), but spread costs are 2 + 2*10 = 22 in the first case, and 2*10 + 2*10 = 40 in the second, almost twice.

But in this case cutting the drawdown is not good either. If we wait till the drawdown is over and instead of 10 losses of 10 points get one of 100 points, the result will be the same 50 points of profitability without taking into account the spread influence while expenses on spread will be decreased from 20 points to 2, i.e. 4 points are ten times less than in the first case. However, in this case the time-dependent costs (e.g., swaps) may increase. So it turns out that cutting losses is just as bad as cutting profits. This phenomenon of "cutting" is more a matter of psychology than economics.

But while we make one long step of 150 pips, we can make 100 steps of 15 pips, i.e. 150 pips vs 1500 pips (150 - 104 = 46 vs 15*100 - 10*100 - 200*2 = 100 with spread taken into account). That's why - it is a loss. The whole time we are "sitting" - we are not moving anywhere. Some may say: "Was it worth it? 54p is such a hassle. It's better to make one step instead of 100 and have a smoke instead of constant tension (in case of "manual" trading)". With such a profit factor 1.5 - this may be correct, but if the profit factor equals 3, the situation changes dramatically - 300 - 104 = 196 vs 30*100 - 10 *100 - 200*2 = 1600 - almost 10 times. And this is already noticeable.

alexx_v:
You like to confuse the soft with the warm. What exactly do you have against cutting losses while they are small and growing profits to the max?

I'm not confused, and I don't want to participate in this futile discussion.

Mischek2:

I'm not confused, and I don't want to participate in a fuss of useless discussion.
So go on, get out of here and don't post here, it's all bullshit anyway. )

sanyooooook:
so go on, get out of here and don't post here, it's all bogus anyway. )

ok

ratnasambhava:

Has all this karma stuff even helped you to achieve profits?

If so, what are you looking for here? (What's a millionaire looking for in such a humble forum?)

sanyooooook:

Has all this karma stuff even helped you to achieve profits?

If so, what are you looking for here? (What's a millionaire want on such a humble forum?)

Profit is a relative thing. Everyone is looking for their own way to success. I do not plum, and it's not a little (if you do not count the first 20 $ - го deposit). I have already beaten the spread. Pour myself is not very good so far. But he who goes along the way. But "karma" helps to understand and choose the shortest route, without wasting time. Here I am looking for new ideas for myself, which I put in my piggy bank for future implementation. In general, the way to a millionaire is very quick, as I understand it. First you accumulate potential, then it turns into ability. Each person has their own accumulation rate, it depends on their wisdom. What may take several years or a lifetime for one person, another may go through in a few months or even days, or even hours.

ratnasambhava:

Profit is a relative thing. Everyone is looking for their own way to success. I am not losing, which is not a little (if you don't count the first $20 deposit). That is, I have already won the spread. Pour myself is not very good so far. But he who goes along the way. But "karma" helps to understand and choose the shortest route, without wasting time. Here I am looking for new ideas for myself, which I put in the piggy bank for future implementation. In general, the way to a millionaire is very quick, as I understand it. First you accumulate potential, then it turns into ability. Each person has their own accumulation rate, it depends on their wisdom. What may take years or a lifetime for one person, another may go through in a few months or even days or even hours.

What kind of people are these? If you ask about profits, they either don't leak, or they are really big pushers.

They will never admit that they plum or they plummet, well if only at the very beginning for 20 quid. )

sanyooooook:

What kind of people are these? When you ask about profit, they either don't lose or they are piling up.

They will never admit that they plunged or are plunging, if only at the very beginning for 20 quid. )

Well, not everyone, Sash. I honestly drained 80k and I'm not draining any more )))

sanyooooook:

What kind of people are these? When you ask about profit, they either don't lose or they are piling up.

They will never admit that they plunged or are plunging, if only at the very beginning for 20 quid. )

Everyone has drawdowns. In fact the first $20 I also did not drain. I lost it on spread. I made only one, two or three deals. That's a natural drawdown, not a flush. And not to fail is sufficient enough just a will (willpower), and the ability to distinguish a drawdown from a failure. And one more thing: economize the spread, economize the spread, and again economize the spread.

1. We have money management. This is a separate topic.

2. There are pouring methods. This is another separate topic.

3. There are methods of filling. Manual, automatic, semi-automatic. This is another separate topic.

That's a simplified way of putting it.

I look here on this forum also because I'm not only interested in manual trading, but also in methods of automating the trading process to no lesser extent.

But I've had to dig through so much trash to gain some useful knowledge: "Is it worth it?". So you start to limit yourself, look up less often not to overload your head with various useless fixed ideas, much less post something here. You're not happy afterwards. It's better to keep quiet. Often you write something, think about it and change your mind about pressing the "save" button.

I don't think you become a millionaire on account of the second and third points, but on account of the first.

Reason: