MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 45

Andrei01:
The proof of the importance of ticks is very simple. For example, a specific trading situation has occurred and a decision has been made according to the incoming ticks from the broker, and the trader wants to exactly reproduce it in the tester, but the trade is not at opening prices once a minute. What should the trader do in such a case in MT5?
I suggest you read very useful article "Algorithm of tick generation in the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 terminal", because otherwise you really don't understand the basic abilities of the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester.

Renat:
I suggest you read very useful article "Algorithm of ticks generation in MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester", otherwise you will feel horror because of your ignorance of the MetaTrader 5 Tester's basic features.
Sorry, but I've read the article... My question was about the exact reproduction of a specific situation of some decisive rule triggering with a certain tick and in a certain sequence of ticks. Other ticks even close or in a different sequence do not give the same situation.

Renat:

Trade high frequency at your leisure. And the MT5 tester has very accurate tick modelling.

But we do not agree with the demand "give me non-existent tics, because they are good in theory". We have repeatedly explained the practical problems of such solutions for the mass market, but all we have heard in response is "the theory is good, so the truth is ours and you don't understand anything".

You are talking nonsense! You have no idea about trading short-term market inefficiencies. Have made the most naive comparison of simulated ticks with real ticks - take 100,000 ticks of both types and compare, got that the difference is minimal. Well, take a million ticks - you get an even better picture. And then take 10 ticks and see.

You have been asked a simple question:

Vladix:
When news comes out (usually 4:30 for AUD pairs, 13:30 for GBP pairs, 16:30 and 18:00 for USD pairs) the spread size usually ranges from 1 to 25 pips over a minute. What figure will go into the story for such a one-minute candle as a spread?

What accuracy of simulated ticks are we talking about? A tick history is needed in very specific tasks (including HFT), and M1-history is enough for most tasks. So at least don't skimp on the minutiae by keeping the OHLC Ask.

You are so far from the real trading that you don't understand the necessity of introducing into the tester your own history, including the accumulated (by the user, not you) tick history. And, of course, working with such history only on local agents (not in the cloud).

You're a pro at developing trading platforms, creating a whole infrastructure, but a complete dummy when it comes to trading strategies. To avoid offence, a little self-criticism: as a programmer and developer - I am a complete zero next to you. But again, you need to study and learn how to solve problems of algotrading on the trader`s side, rather than bullshitting your purely theoretical notions about it.

Renat:

Is there evidence for these claims?

When we will publish statistics of N hundreds of implementations, then again we will have to say "it does not matter"? It happened many times.

Look around you, please.

Look at www.mql4.com and www.mql5.com - it's one of the best technological support for traders. None of the competitors even come close to that. You can't be that short-sighted.

Forgive me for being "short-sighted", but I don't see MT5 implementations in the exchange sector, I see this:

I don't see where the best technological support is here either. And it's been at least half a year since the announcement of MT5 connection to Plaza II. N of innovations is certainly very good, but if there is no work on the user side to integrate MT5 with the exchange, what is the point of all these new features? Trade on the exchange, even on the demo was not possible.

Renat:

Trade high frequency at your leisure. And the MT5 tester has very accurate ticks modelling.

But we do not agree with demands "give me non-existing ticks because they are good in theory". The practical problems of such solutions for the mass market have been explained many times, but the only answer was "the theory is useless, so the truth is ours and you do not understand anything".

So don't do it for mass market - letting everyone download hundreds of gigs is absurd. But giving the ability to import user tick history and testing based on it is necessary for many pros. And HFT is not the only thing. Many types of arbitrage, spread trading etc.

Avals:

So not for the masses - letting everyone download hundreds of gigs is absurd. But give the option of exporting tick history and testing based on it.

You have to understand, it is not profitable for them. Or rather their customers.

Do you think brokerage companies want to spend money on additional servers and channels? After all, if customers start pounding them with high-frequency trading, they will have no other way out.

This is a free industry from the start, the brokerage companies pay, and he who pays the piper calls the tune as you know.

So get over it, your wishes will never be heard and will always be ignored by vague evasions as we are seeing now.

OnGoing:

You have to understand, it is not profitable for them. Or rather their customers.

Do you think brokerage companies want to spend money on additional servers? After all, if customers start pounding them with high-frequency trading, they will have no other way out.

This is a free industry from the beginning, the brokerage companies pay, and he who pays the piper calls the tune as you know.

So get over it, your wishes will never be heard and will always be ignored with vague evasions as we see it now.

It's not a brokerage, it's a broker from the stock markets. They benefit from all kinds of clients. mt5 is positioned as an exchange platform

Avals:

We are not talking about brokerage companies, but about brokers from the stock markets. They benefit from all kinds of clients

So if there is a ticking solution for the funds, there will have to be one for the tailrace, people will demand it.

It is easier just to forget about ticks in general, replacing them with a stub-surrogate and not to lose the clientele.

Just don't be paranoid about the developers' true customers (DCs). They are not. The old MT4 is capable of handling relatively huge frequency of trade requests. The MT5 is way better in this regard. Architecturally the MT5 is a very well thought out platform, because the experience of the developers in this business is enormous.

hrenfx:
Just don't get paranoid about the developers' true clients (DCs). They are not. The old MT4 is capable to handle huge frequency of trade requests. The MT5 is a head shifter in this matter. Architecturally the MT5 is a very well thought out platform, because the experience of the developers in this business is enormous.

It is not even a question of theoretical potential, but that in practice it will always be out of reach.

Primarily because of the limited budgets of Russian (and not only) kitchens.

Reason: