Insider dealing schemes. or how to discreetly funnel a lot of dough (and how to detect this hidden infiltration) - page 19

C-4:

As recently as yesterday, the current SiU2 futures saw this kind of outlier:

It was surprising to see a lot of smeared trades in a wide range. On the minute charts there was a picture like this:

Note the accumulation of pending orders at "round" price levels. At levels of 32,900, 33,000, 33,100 etc. They started to be knocked out at this point and they found themselves making trades. Apparently these circular levels are inundated with bids all the time, but is there any way to exploit this, that's the question? If they are generally limit bids at the best price, then that means that the round levels are support and resistance levels. If the round levels are concentrated stop orders - then they will, on the contrary, push prices in the same direction.

It is not clear what caused such fluctuations, but it is clear that such moments are not rare at RTS. Evil men close to high circles in the Russian stock market are regularly picking pockets of traders using stop orders. When there is very little money, they have to draw left positions and zero out trader's accounts, but that is another topic. How to use such emissions to your advantage - that is a topic for discussion.

P.S. It was interesting to hear the opinion of the average common traders. In their opinion they are terrible robots who do everything. In general, "they" (social traders) are afraid of robots, giving them some kind of magical power and strength. In my opinion, this is pure provocation and manipulation by a small group of people, one way of making money is robbery and "legal" taking of money.

Probably another stock exchange glitch, since the merger there have been plenty of them.

Rorschach:

Probably another stock exchange glitch, since the merger there have been plenty of them.

It's hard to tell. These are real trades, real money. These constant glitches are hard on the pockets. If someone's down, someone's up. Which means there are people interested in such "glitches".

C-4:

P.S. It was interesting to hear the opinion of the average obvs traders. In their opinion it's terrible robots that do everything. In general, "they" (social traders) are afraid of robots, giving them some kind of magical power and strength. I think it is pure provocation and manipulation by a small group of people who make money by robbing and "legal" stealing.

It was someone's robot that went crazy and brought its owner a loss of about 4.5 million dollars. The HFT'ers have successfully split that dough :)

By the way, the Ri also felt the echo of this event.

p.s. I took part in the splitting too :P

anonymous:

p.s. I took part in the sawing too :P

Do you hold any reservations? Do you practice HFT?

C-4:

Do you keep pending orders? Do you practice HFT?
We practice a lot of things, and have been for years.

anonymous:
We practice a lot of things, and have been for more than a year.
It's succinct. Tell me one thing, is it possible to make money out of it? I see you can.

C-4:
It's succinct. Tell me one thing, is it possible to make money out of it? I can see you can.
You can. It's better not to try on your own, there are too many tasks to be done.

anonymous:
You can. It is better not to try alone, there are too many tasks to be done
I work as a team. But that is not our profile. We practice medium term. In principle, there is a platform that allows to use elements of HFT. But is it worth bothering in this direction? Is it worth the trouble?

C-4:
I work in a team. But this is not our profile. We practice mid-term. In principle, there is a platform that allows to use elements of HFT. But is it worth bothering in this direction? Is it worth the trouble?

As a potential competitor, I say don't go there. As a potential source of increasing daily profits - welcome! :D Everyone chooses their own style of trading depending on their skills and financial capabilities.

If your team members have an understanding of the market at this level - try it. You start, of course, not by investing in infrastructure, but by searching for data and developing a prototype strategy.

anonymous:

As a potential competitor, I say don't go there. As a potential source of increasing daily profits - welcome! :D Everyone chooses their own style of trading depending on their skills and financial capabilities.

If your team members have an understanding of the market at this level - try it. Of course, you should not start by investing in infrastructure, but by searching for data and developing a prototype strategy.

Thank you for your reply. I'm well aware of the answers to such questions. But there are enough hints as well.
Reason: