Interesting and humorous - page 151

Integer:

"A 'Love the Motherland' telethon on the Dozhd TV channel sounds like a short anecdote.

There really is no extremism, but there is an insult.

An insult to whom? Well, yes - an insult to the Party bastards who were gorging themselves in the basements of Smolny. And starving hundreds of thousands of people to death! The current outrage by their descendants and propagandists is very reminiscent of the famous scene from THE 12 STOOLS:

http://www.erlib.com/Илья_Ильф/Двенадцать_стульев/5/

- One of my friends," said Ostap, "also used to sell government furniture. Now he's gone monkish - he's sitting in a doppre.
- I find your unfounded accusations strange," remarked Pasha Emilievich, from whom a strong smell of foam was wafting.
- Who did you sell the chair to? - asked Ostap in a ringing whisper.
Here Pasha Emilievich, who had a supernatural instinct, realised that he was about to be kicked, maybe even kicked.
- To a reseller," he replied.

leonid553:

An insult to who? Well yes - an insult to the bastards of the party-paratists, gorging themselves in the basements of Smolny. And starving hundreds of thousands of people to death! The propagandists' present outrage is reminiscent of the famous scene from THE 12 STOOLS:

http://www.erlib.com/Илья_Ильф/Двенадцать_стульев/5/

- One of my friends," said Ostap, "also used to sell government furniture. Now he's gone monkish - he's sitting in a doppre.
- I find your unfounded accusations strange," remarked Pasha Emilievich, from whom a strong smell of foam was wafting.
- Who did you sell the chair to? - Ostap asked in a ringing whisper.
Here Pasha Emilievich, who had a supernatural instinct, realised that he was about to be beaten, maybe even kicked.
- To a reseller, he replied.

An insult to who. Get your balls out of your head and read the article in your own link.

Answer the question (what were you in the USSR).

JImpro:

There is no need for any chiefs and "kings" with love. Manual control with all sorts of "verticals" is a dead end. We need a system with negative feedback, so that the leaders do not flirt too much, and that's it, like in Western countries. It won't matter who likes or dislikes who, because they will be forced to act within the law.

P.S.

You yourself have written above about who goes to the top of the nomenclature. Negative selection, damn it.

The Americans, for example, have one and not even one. The favourite president was also Franklin D. Roosevelt, who won four consecutive US presidential elections: in 1932, 1936, 1940 and 1944.

khorosh:
Americans, for example, have one and not even one. The favourite president was also Franklin D. Roosevelt, who won four consecutive US presidential elections: in 1932, 1936, 1940 and 1944.

There's nothing wrong with that, it's not like it's done on the spot or after everyone who "doesn't like it" has been killed. It's an added bonus in a properly organised system, but it's not necessary at all.

leonid553:

I used to genuinely wonder where propagandists come from on sane resources and forums. There used to be normal, sane people. But suddenly they start repeating the propaganda mantra "vile Rain, ban it, shoot it"!

But the answer is simple. I'll repeat my post from the "smoking room":

Yes, of course there is a certain (not insignificant) number of people who sincerely do not want to "rock the boat"! Usually those are the ones who have already been drinking from the public trough. Or they deftly sucked up the crumbs from the lordly tables of power. Or they placed their kids "in the right place" in power and reap the benefits. Such people will cling by the teeth to their privileges, to the opportunity to steal with impunity, to extort bribes, to put in jail on trumped-up pretexts, to ride in a blinker and worship Gundyaev's dubious holy "gifts" out of turn.
There are not few of them. Often, they are our neighbours at home, cops, tax inspectors, traffic cops, junkies, low-ranking bureaucrats. Their relatives and friends!
They do not want to lose it all! While they themselves steal, incarcerate, extort bribes, - their wives, sisters, brothers, cousins, in-laws, etc. "go" through forums and judiciously persuade them "not to rock the boat"! They try to steer dialogues away from the essence of what is going on and turn them into an argument over insignificant and unnecessary details.

They look for misplaced commas in the posts of their opponents in order to "bury" the protesting spirit of the dialogues. They try to provoke and readjust their opponents to personal insults.
At the same time, they sing the familiar choruses from Soviet times:
- Western hirelings, extremist provocateurs, bourgeois money, state department hand, etc. (Now all sorts of "lyonya" truth-tellers and grumblers have been added...).

Integer:

You don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe you're just out of your mind... maybe it's age, maybe it's some other reason... Maybe you didn't get enough to eat in your Soviet childhood, for some unknown reason.

What were you in the Soviet Union, a communist or a peddler at a bazaar, or a factory worker? After your answer to this question a lot will become clear. Maybe even understand who the sycophant and heir to the big shots are.

At least you're in the loop! Stop your hysterics. Calm down, I was never a communist.

But I've been in all the other roles you mentioned during the Soviet Union. I worked at an assembly machine (after graduating from "koblukha", assembling p/equipment), and I had to sell stuff (I was, was ...). I served two years (Leningrad-Pargolovo, Karelia-Khitola). And then I studied full-time as a student (telecommunications engineer). I perfectly observed the rat-like habits of komsomol activists, who were writing denunciations (for the sake of a tick in their personal files) about their dormitory colleagues, and their hypocritical "party leaders"! No jail time, no criminal record.

My post must have hit you hard! You hit it right on the spot!

leonid553:

... Usually it's those who have already been drinking from the state trough themselves. Or they either got a knack for picking up crumbs from the table of power. Or they have placed their children in power, and are reaping the benefits. ! ...

Dmitry Zagitov, a patriot and negligent activist, was on one of the forums here. But it turned out that he was the son of a general, a former FSB officer, who worked in the anti-corruption department (of course). Here is his daddy in all his glory: http://gorod48.ru/news/23257/

JImpro:

There's nothing wrong with that, it's not like it's done on the spot or after everyone who "doesn't like it" has been killed. It's an added bonus in a properly organised system, but it's not necessary at all.

It turns out that the beloved president (leader) may appear only with a properly organized system? Who then will break the old one and build such a system - the unloved one? Or maybe we are dumb, not Americans, if all those who come to power are bad?

khorosh:
It turns out that the favorite president (leader) can appear only when the system is built right? Who, then, will break the old one and build such a system - the unloved one?

By chance, maybe with the wrong one, but the probability is very low, which is what we are seeing. To increase the chances we should change presidents more often - preferably at elections. But somehow they don't really want to change voluntarily:(

(Yeltsin is not much liked - but he started to build the right system. It's a pity they didn't have time to build it and we needed a successor to guarantee his personal safety.

leonid553:

And I saw the rat-like habits of both the Komsomol activists, who wrote denunciations (for the sake of a tick in their personnel files) about their dorm mates, and their hypocritical "party mentors"!

I have encountered them, they are the same as the current Nashists and Prolutinists, there is nothing new.

JImpro:

I have encountered them, they are the same as the current Nashists and Prolutinists, there is nothing new.

When I studied at the Urals Polytechnic Institute in Soviet times and lived in a student dormitory, there was such an incident. A student who was not too loyal to the authorities plugged the Voice of America into the dormitory broadcast. The Komsomol activists immediately rang a bell and the student was promptly expelled from the institute and evicted from the dormitory.
Reason: