Stops

I have long wanted to make a separate topic, but I have never been able to concentrate.

There's a lot to say. I'll just give you an outline for now. I'll fill you in later.

For now, please speak up.

Traded dollar/yen in a channel with stops set 30-40pp. red dashes score 2:1. Stops are needed - where they are needed.

Let's make up our minds.

There are essentially different kinds of stops.

1. Stops as part of the TS taking profit.

2. Stops as a means of not going into a margin call. So called force majeure stops.

How many TS I tried/developed I did not find any that allowed to trade by the first type within reasonable bounds of profitability.

===

There's more to come...)))

Svinozavr:

Let's make up our minds.

2. Stops as a means of not going into a margin call. So called force majeure stops.

How many TS I tried/developed I did not find any that allows to trade by the first type within reasonable bounds of profitability.

===

There's more to come...)))

3. a margin call as a type of stop )

sanyooooook:
3. margin call as a type of stop )

I agree. But what does your DC have to say about that? )))))))))))

Once, it's fine. And then? )))

Svinozavr:

I agree. But what does your DC have to say about it? )))))))))))

Once, it's fine. And then? )))

And he doesn't mind, my DC MK has a 20% stop out 10%, it's good for him.

Svinozavr:

Let's define ourselves.

How many TS I tried/developed I did not find any that allows to trade by the first type within reasonable bounds of profitability.

===

It gets worse...)))

There is essentially no difference between types 1 and 2. Both limit losses. Only in the first case it is losses reducing profits. Of course, if the TS implies signals to close profits, then type 1 stops are unnecessary. Covering by signals should always be more profitable, there is no dispute. But a reasonable stop loss order should ALWAYS be placed immediately after opening a position. I guess there is nothing to argue about. :)

goldtrader:
There is essentially no difference between types 1 and 2. Both limit losses. Only in the first case it is losses reducing profits. Of course, if the TS implies signals to close profits, then type 1 stops are unnecessary. Covering by signals should always be more profitable, there is no dispute. But a reasonable stop loss order should ALWAYS be placed immediately after opening a position. I guess there is nothing to argue about. :)
What is a smart stop loss?

sanyooooook:
And he doesn't mind, my DC has a 20% stop out 10%, it's good for him.

I got it. But I meant something else. There's a withered way to cheat the brokerage company - open a position before the weekend/holidays on a min account with max. leverage.... etc.

That's not what I mean.

The longer I live (and this is a really long time) the more I get convinced that the main objective is not to make money, but to preserve capital. Yeah... Did you get bored? ))) Okay, I'll cheer you up.

Svinozavr:

I got it. But I meant something else. There's a withered way to cheat the brokerage house - open a position before the weekend/holidays on a min account with max. leverage.... etc.

That's not what I mean.

The longer I live (and this is a really long time) the more I get convinced that the main objective is not to make money, but to preserve capital. Yeah... Did you get bored? ))) Okay, I'll cheer you up.

I'm talking about the same, but here you need to calculate everything, the main thing is how much to lose without regret, in the case of a stop-out.

ZS: ))))

Sanya. Let's not talk about it, okay?
Reason: