Stops - page 20

Svinozavr:
))) I won't. Actually, I've already said it all. A stop is alarmist, a force majeure event. As an element of the idea of trading, it doesn't work. Proof? I don't even know where to send you. To what sources. Why don't we start with the law of conservation of energy (and matter as well)?

and market exits are also force majeure?

Avals:

Is market exit a force majeure as well?
What is it? Be more specific.

Svinozavr:
What's that? Be more specific.

Well, the market exit is buy or sell without any put-ins.

Farnsworth:

"Lock yourself in your room, if you have one, and poison yourself without hesitation. Hanging yourself is a vulgar business, and therefore thou shalt not do it. Poison yourself, Samivel, my boy, poison yourself, and you shall not regret it afterwards!"

===

What good fortune! He loves Dickens too...

paukas:
A stop is just a buy/sell on the move. And as a trading element, it works when you buy on time.
True and accurate phrase

SEVER11:
A true and accurate phrase
On the other hand, if you view a stop as an exit, the requirements are not as stringent as an entry. Because entry increases risk and exit decreases it.

There is also an action like shortening a position. Why confuse it with a stop? Ideologically different things...

Svinozavr:
There is also the action of shortening a position. Why confuse it with a stop? Ideologically different things...

No one is confused. You can also cut back with a stop or a limit, depending on the situation.

There's something wrong with stops. The euro is going to fall otherwise.

paukas:
On the other hand, if you consider a stop as an exit from a trade, the requirements are not as stringent as an entry. Because entry increases risk and exit decreases it.

A missed profit is also a risk. Only it is realized not in a single trade, but in a decent series.

Svinozavr:
There is also an action like shortening a position. Why confuse it with a stop? Ideologically different things...

and what is the ideological difference? A stop is a 100% shortening of a position. The lot size for scaling in or out is a MM question. Although there is a variant when the system gives different signals and the actions are different. But in essence it is equivalent to a portfolio of systems and their joint MM.
Reason: