Classical analysis 'doesn't work'? - page 30

Avals >>:

устойчивых Любой перебор, обучение НС не гарантируют устойчивости. Подгонку гарантируют, но не устойчивость. И никакие аут оф сампли и т.д. кардинально не улучшают. Без естественного интелекта не понять что устойчивоБез естественного интелекта не понять что устойчиво, а что нет. А для этого нужно много тестов, много гипотез, большинство из которых ошибочно.

Can't we formulate a sustainability criterion? We care about it in terms of the existence of combinations over a long interval of time - that is, such an interval that not only reveals the effect, but also makes money from it.

NiKkel писал(а) >>

Can't we formulate a criterion for stability? We care about it in terms of the existence of combinations over a long interval of time - that is, such an interval that not only detects the effect, but also makes money on it

I haven't encountered it in general terms, although I've been on the subject for a decade. Private/local approaches are not advertised. There is no universal criterion and most probably will not be :(

The most telling story is about graphical analysis - it has always been called that, but it has bored everyone and shown its uselessness (all the shapes are perfectly identifiable, but then). Salvation has come - we have to change the name!
hallelujah! The name should be trendy and mimic a scientific one (for solidity).
FRACTALS!
the world of traders is abuzz - the Grail does exist!
and what is the difference between regular chart analysis and FRACTALS?

no offence - kindergarten.
I guess it's because there is nuclear parity in the world?
has this question been haunting you for a long time?

Do you even understand why I asked that question?

If anything doesn't work, I can recommend a good doctor! :)))

paukas >>:
Если у кого что не работает - могу хорошего доктора порекомендовать! :)))

A worthy argument! Cleverly put!
Nice choice of nickname. delusions of grandeur?
does the halo weigh on your head?

Still arguing? Do you want an argument for the fact that "it doesn't work"? Or rather, that conventional decision making based on classic indicators is a crock of shit?
Run a classic EA from MT's delivery on historical Dow data from a time when all TA was only in the form of descriptions, and no one was even raving about any trading robots.
))) You will get roughly the same as you would on modern quotes. This, by the way, debunks two myths:
1. TA doesn't work because the market has fundamentally changed for TA to work since TA was invented.
And
2. TA doesn't work because everyone trades on it.

Why then is so much written, read, shown (sung and sung) about TA if it's all a load of crap? The answer is obvious: in the pre-computer era TA was applied selectively, relying on their experience (intuition), knowing that right now this divergence, this graphical figure is adequate and stochastic, based on the general context of what is happening, is really oversold. And it is really not an easy task to attach intuition to a computer, to formalize the decision-making process of an experienced trader to the level of an algorithm. Arch-complicated.)))

Svinozavr >>:
Все спорите? Хотите довод за то, что "не работает"? Вернее, за то, что общепринятое принятие решений на основе классических индикаторов - туфта полная?
Прогоните классический советник из поставки МТ на исторических данных по Доу за то время, когда весь ТА был только в виде описаний, и ни о каких торговых роботах никто даже не бредил.
))) Вы получите примерно то же самое, что и на современных котировках. Это, кстати, развенчивает два мифа:
1. ТА не работает, потому что рынок с того момента, когда был придуман ТА, принципиально для работоспособности ТА изменился.
И
2. Та не работает, потому что все по нему торгуют.

Почему же тогда столько всего вокруг ТА понаписано, прочитано, показано (спето и сплясано), если это все - говно полное? Ответ очевиден: в докомпьютерную эпоху ТА применяли выборочно, полагаясь на свой опыт (интуицию), зная, что вот сейчас эта дивергенция, эта графическая фигура адекватна, а стохастик, исходя из общего контекста происходящего, действительно показывает перепроданность. Прикрутить же интуицию к компьютеру, формализовать процесс принятия решений опытным трейдером до уровня алгоритма - это действительно непростая задача. Архисложная.)))

written about, sung about, told about, etc. because it is simple, entertaining and accessible
Try telling Kolmogorov's theorem to people without special education
and here - add / subtract / multiply / divide, impose it on the chart - nice - lines, stripes, hatched areas - makes people happy and everything is simple
OK?

we don't argue - I win
Reason: