Classical analysis 'doesn't work'?

I often come across the phrase: "Classical analysis is dead (or "not working")!" In my opinion - nonsense. What exactly is "dead" from classical analysis? Which phenomena of technical classical analysis have been discarded? What do those who have buried it for individual trading needs mean by "classical" analysis?

Since I am a practitioner and I check and recheck the theories in practice, I will present one picture.

A real for training. Ruble. In progress. Sluggish work. The first deal of 4.11.09. Overbought/oversold analysis (RSI), divergence/convergence (RSI, OsMA), trend indicators on "Egypt" (three MAs), pivot levels are used. All belong to the "classical" analysis, I think. Of the more/less modern ones, "Camarilla" levels (extremely rare) and TurboJRSX (which, in general, is a smoothed RSI) are used. So why doesn't classical analysis "work"?

They don't know how to use it, so they say the grapes are green.

It's not that it doesn't work, it works more often than not, though I'm not sure (IMHO)

I checked classical patterns (head and shoulders, flag...) I want to say head and shoulders doesn't even work more often than it does on some pairs. It may be the opposite at other pairs, with other models the same picture, i can't definitely say that classical models work at all pairs (more than 50%), though maybe i checked somehow wrong and am wrong in this sense, but those who tried it will probably understand what i mean...

As for indicator methods, there's a well-known concept of fitting... I think we all know the notion of adjustment... Perhaps this state is the result of it.

2.5 months on the real account is not a reason to say it will always be so ... (IMHO).

If you are sure that classical TA works, then why do you need evidence that it does not work? Or do you have doubts?

DC2008 >>:

Если Вы уверены в том, что классический ТА работает - зачем же Вам тогда нужны доказательства того, что он не работает? Или Вы всё-таки сомневаетесь?

+1

Helen, this picture proves nothing: one transaction provided the lion's share of the profits.

A lot has been broken on the subject of the "classic's" ability to work. Well, let them argue, who prevents them?

индикаторы тренда по "Египту" (три МА)

Alligator and others from Grandpa Bill? Well, no, they are not classics, although their dedication to his name seems to make them classics.

Swetten >>:
Не умеют пользоваться, поэтому говорят, что виноград зелен.

Yeah, it "works" - and your Onyx account confirms it. Or have you still not learnt how to use TA?

Helen писал(а) >>

I often come across the phrase: "Classical analysis is dead (or "not working")!" In my opinion - nonsense. What exactly is "dead" from classical analysis? Which phenomena of technical classical analysis have been discarded? What do those who have buried it for individual trading needs mean by "classical" analysis?

Since I am a practitioner and I check and recheck the theories in practice, I will present one picture.

A real for training. Ruble. In progress. Sluggish work. The first deal of 4.11.09. Overbought/oversold analysis (RSI), divergence/convergence (RSI, OsMA), trend indicators on "Egypt" (three MAs), pivot levels are used. All belong to the "classical" analysis, I think. Of the more/less modern ones, "Camarilla" levels (extremely rare) and TurboJRSX (which, in general, is a smoothed RSI) are used. So why doesn't classical analysis "work"?

Do you have clear rules to work with these indicators, that can be written down on a piece of paper, so that any "fool" could trade like that or you could write a robot? If "YES" then there will probably be one less "poor guy", but I think "NO"...

And in general, not a telling example, I've seen several of your accounts (pictures and reports). I am an experienced trader, with good intuition and discipline, no matter what you look at while trading, indicators, naked price, listening to business news, or just watching movies - the result will be positive in most cases, but it does not mean that the movie "works".

FOXXXi писал(а) >>

Yeah, it "works" - and your Onyx account proves it. Or have you still not learned how to use TA?

Point my finger: where does it say that this account has a TA expert working on it?

Swetten >>:

Покажи мне пальцем: где сказано, что на этом счету работает эксперт по ТА?

What methodology does your expert use on this account?

Why do you ask after you've said some bullshit? Or haven't you been taught to think before you write/speak?

Reason: