Useful tools - page 24

There is one glitch in this editor (although it's hard to call it a glitch). I don't know about this new version (I haven't tried it yet), but in previous versions it was so. In general, we create in this editor a new file with mq4 extension. Let it be an Expert Advisor. We save it, press F6 and compile. The editor will not compile - for some reason it will complain. We now open this file with the meta editor and compile it. Everything compiles well. So, now we can edit and compile our new EA in Notepad++ as much as we want. No more swearing - Notepad++ understands everything and does it all perfectly.

Speaking of glitches. In addition to all the other niceties, Notepad++ doesn't have the glitch of getting stuck when controlling the cursor, which for some reason is still present in the meta-editor. You type-type code in the meta-editor and suddenly discover that the cursor has stopped moving and no longer responds to the keyboard at all. You have to save, curse and restart the meta-editor. Notepad++ doesn't have this glitch. At least it hasn't popped up for me yet. And I've been using it for years.

drknn:

There is one glitch in this editor (although it's hard to call it a glitch). I don't know about this new version (I haven't tried it yet), but in previous versions it was so. In general, we create in this editor a new file with mq4 extension. Let it be an Expert Advisor. We save it, press F6 and compile. The editor will not compile - for some reason it will complain. We now open this file with the meta editor and compile it. Everything compiles well. So, now we can edit and compile our new EA in Notepad++ as much as we want. No more swearing - Notepad++ understands and does everything perfectly.

I've been using Notepad++ for a long time, I've never encountered the situation described.

Unlike the meta-editor in the Notepad++ editor, you have to save before pressing F6 to compile!!! ALWAYS!!! Ctrl+S to your aid :)

drknn:
Unlike the meta editor in Notepad++ you have to save before you press F6 to compile!!! Ctrl+A to help you :)

Hmmm... I have Ctrl+S

That's right, Contral S, I've got it all wrong. Contral A is to highlight everything. Sorry

drknn:

It does not require installation! All you have to do is unzip it. Everything is already set up and ready to go.

You do not need to write the path to the compiler!

Suppose, for example, an Expert Advisor file is opened from some terminal folder. The compiler is located in the same folder. Press F6, choose "Expert Advisors_MQL4" in the pop-up list and press OK. The following code will result in the editor picking up the path to the compiler on autopilot. Here is the code executed on the OnClick event of the "OK" button in this window:

As you can see, DOS commands are prescribed - not absolute paths, but relative ones. Therefore, the editor does not give a shit, from which folder the code of the EA/indicator/script is downloaded - the compiler will be called for compilation from the same directory where this terminal resides. Even if the codes from different folders of different terminals are opened simultaneously.

This all was visible to the naked eye, I just needed to press F6 with opened file with MQL4 code in the editor. Why are you asking such questions? I gave you the easiest way - to press ONE button :)

Please do not torture me. ;)

Thank you! That's a whole new thing! Now everything is clear without installation. Anything extra to download and unzip is also an installation. It's too long. It's easier to ask.

drknn:

Nice job! I've been using Notepad for a long time now, it's a pleasure. But I've made my own folding that suits me better, the "plus" appears only where I need it!

To follow up)

storm:

To follow up)

Yeah, that's an option, too. It's all customisable. All the more so now it's even more customisable than before :)
Reason: