Useful tools - page 18

alsu:
Asus's ones have a hardware button to disable TP. But I don't use it for 2 weeks since I spilled a cup of coffee on the touchpad and burnt the controller)))

Also an option! But for me, a sybarite, it's difficult without a touchpad. And it's inconvenient to activate and deactivate it by hardware all the time. With the same software you just forget about such problems.

By the way, in Ubuntu this touchpad auto-freeze option is enabled by default. What, you didn't know? That's right. Because it's invisible. The supreme usability of the software - it's so convenient that you don't notice it.

Usually, the touchpad comes with a software package with advanced settings - and you can set the sensitivity - touch with your palm...

keekkenen:
Usually, the touchpad comes with a software package with advanced settings - and you can set the sensitivity - touch with the palm of your hand.

NOT usually. None of the laptops I've had have this feature. Only one company seems to have it. Read about it.

Let's find out. People! Please raise your hand if anyone has this feature? And, if you don't mind, with a screenshot as a pruf.

Svinozavr:

NOT usually. None of the laptops I've had have this feature. Only one company seems to have it. Read about it.

Let's find out. People! Please raise your hand if anyone has this feature? And, if you don't mind, with a screenshot as a pruf.

I don't. I have the utility, but it refuses to work with the message TouchPad device not found! - it's burnt out!!! ))))

alsu:
I don't know. I have the utility, but it refuses to work with the message TouchPad device not found! - it's burnt out!!! ))))
That's an excuse! No credit.

Well, I don't know, the two laptops I've owned from Toshiba and Asus have this nonsense - the Synaptics Touchpad.

Yeah. Does it work?

It doesn't fucking work.

Svinozavr:

Yeah. Does it work?

It doesn't fucking work.

It's not...

keekkenen:
not fate...
(settling) Well, it didn't work out...

Svinozavr:

By the way, in Ubuntu this option to autofreeze the touchpad is enabled by default. What, you didn't know? That's right. Because it's invisible. The supreme usability of the program - it's so convenient that you don't notice it.

I've got a button on my asus, but it doesn't work. And Ubuntu's installed and there's no sign of auto-freeze, but I'm on 10.04.
Reason: