Useful tools - page 23

Thank you, just about to set up the 300.

In the Newtepad++ editor for MQL4 it is now possible to collapse code lines without losing syntax highlighting - the developer figured it out. :)

There is also an option to collapse comments as well as code lines. To do this, check "Allow folding of comments" in the menu of the MQL4 language setting. Sometimes it is necessary to hide long comments from the screen.

I am attaching to this post not the source code, but the application which is already installed and running in portable mode (i.e. it can be launched from flash drive). The settings of syntax highlighting was made by me. Remove the brown highlighting of my personal functions and put your own there. See screenshot for where to remove it. In general, everything is as before, only fresher version and added ability to collapse lines of both code and comments.

Now about unpacking the archive. Since this forum doesn't accept attachments over 4 megabytes and at the same time in zipped archive the program weighs 8 meters, I have created a multi-volume archive, which parts had to be renamed. Therefore:

1) download all three parts of the archive and put in one folder

2) Rename Notepaduz.zip file to Notepad++.zip

3) Rename Notepadhm.z01.zip file to Notepad++.z01.

4) 3) Rename Notepadhm.z02.zip file to Notepad++.z02

5) Unzip Notepad++.zip file (the other parts will be picked up on autopilot)

6) Just start using it.

P.S.

To avoid misunderstanding, here's alternative link to rar-archive you can download from file-sharing site: http: //depositfiles.com/files/7ixtegdyr

Files:
notepaduz.zip  1720 kb
notepadhm.z01.zip  3072 kb
notepadkx.z02.zip  3072 kb

Thanks a lot, but tell me, does notpad have a script internal language ? how to write in it, maybe there's a FAQ on it ?

FAQ:
Thank you, but tell me, is there a scripting internal language in Notpad? How to write in it, maybe there is a FAQ on it?

Here's everything I have on it (attached to the post). Oh yeah, forgot to say, I set the F6 button of the editor to compile EAs and stuff. You just have to open mql4 file and try to click F6.

I don't know about the internal scripting language, but it has a button for writing macros, that's for sure.

Files:

drknn:

Here's everything I have on it (attached to the post). Oh, I forgot to say, I set up the F6 button of the editor to compile EAs and stuff. You just have to open the mql4 file and try clicking F6.

Where dothe compilation errors appear?

Zhunko:
Compilation errors where do they appear?

In the editor console. You just need to open the mql4 file and try clicking F6.

drknn:

In the editor console. You just need to open the mql4 file and try clicking F6.
How does it know which compiler to use? Do you have to type in the path?

Zhunko:
How does it know which compiler to use? Do you have to specify the path?

Already prescribed. PRESS F6

drknn:

It already is. PRESS F6.

I haven't put it in yet. And I won't if I can't promptly write the path to the compiler.

I have many MQL4 compilers. Where do I write the path?

Zhunko:

I haven't put it in yet. And I won't do it if I can't write the path to the compiler promptly.

I have many MQL4 compilers. Where do I write the path?

It does not require installation! You just need to unpack it. Everything is all set up and ready to go.

You do not need to specify the path to the compiler!

Suppose, for example, an Expert Advisor file is opened from the folder of some terminal. This folder contains the compiler. Select "Expert Advisors_MQL4" in the pop-up list by pressing F6 and press OK. The following code will result in the editor picking up the path to the compiler on autopilot. This is the code executed on the OnClick event of the "OK" button in this window:

cd "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
set path="$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
cd ..
set met="$(CWD)\metalang.exe"
cd $(path)

$(met) $(FILE_NAME)

As you can see, DOS commands are prescribed - not absolute paths, but relative ones. Therefore, the editor does not give a shit, from which folder the code of the EA/indicator/script is downloaded - the compiler will be called for compilation from the same directory where this terminal resides. Even if the codes from different folders of different terminals are opened simultaneously.

This all was visible to the naked eye, I just needed to press F6 with opened file with MQL4 code in the editor. Why are you asking such questions? I gave you the easiest way - to press ONE button :)

Please do not torture me. ;)

Reason: