AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 67

Come on, Petya, who in Russia reads manuals...

And the i7 860 is supposed to be even faster...

Svinozavr >> :

Yura! Well it was stressed more than once: the cache and the tester's histories must be empty before testing!

Why no one reads the instructions?))) Although it's hard to find them here.

Peter, didn't you know!

Russian engineers do not read instructions!

-

oops ... Ie the time to create the file HISTORY include?

i.e. include disk operations and measure the speed of the file creation

I don't see much point in measuring the speed of the tests and not the speed of the file creation

--

I don't do that in real life

--

I'll do it.

It doesn't seem to be taken into account in the test. We just take the figure, which we got in the optimization settings window. We are waiting for CPU-Z screenshots of CPU (under load) and memory.

YuraZ писал(а) >>

Peter, didn't you know!

Russian engineers don't read manuals!

-

oops ... So the time to create a HISTORY file is included?

We include disk operations and measure the file creation speed.

But I don't see the point in measuring the test speed, not the file creation speed.

--

I don't do this in real life

--

I will.

It's just that the re-runs take the results from the cache. That's why they're asking me to clear it. So that each time it's calculated.

Mathemat >> :

It doesn't really count in the test. Just take a number which you get in the optimization settings window. Waiting for CPU-Z screenshots of CPU (under load) and memory.

Lesh xp is in a virtual machine and cpu-z doesn't show everything

memory tab only shows RAM capacity

under load and without load i see no difference in cpu tab

--

Victor - ok

go for XP64 or W 7 64, without virtual machine to try it out

I confess I haven't tried it, I just installed CentOS + VMware

YuraZ >> :

Pyotr, didn't you know!

Russian engineers do not read manuals!

))) That's why I'm smiling! I'm like that myself. I just got lucky in this particular case - I wrote these instructions myself!

Beat me to it, but something's not right here...

The i7-920 @2.66 beats the Xeon @3.47, not by a percentage but by a factor of 1.5!!!

Another conundrum. But I don't trust these results...

The i7 920 has Turbo Boost. Well, even if the frequency is the same as begemot61's (3.47), the comparison is still clearly in favour of the i7 920. Maybe that's the beauty of virtualization?

2 Docent: there is very likely a different, real frequency, higher than 2.66. It's just that the virtual machine doesn't show it.

Svinozavr >> :

))) That is why I am smiling! I am like that myself. I just got lucky in this particular case - I wrote these instructions myself!

I'll look for it right now or you can give me a link in the top post when I look for it (my internet connection is not super).

--

I don't know as I'm running it on a virtual machine, maybe it won't be quite right

the virtual machine has 2 CPUs (total 8 or 4 CPUs without hyper) 3000 gb 3 hard drives

on CentOS shut down all unnecessary processes slowed everything down!

hope CentOS + WMWARE has almost no effect on speed in this mode

(it is running in parallel XP which provides internet and other things)

but i shut it down too - it's idle)

--

Mathemat >> :

Perhaps that's the beauty of the virtual machine?

What do you mean VMware ? On the contrary, it's supposed to slow down. Something is definitely wrong here. Probably not the whole quote history or 4 digits ...

Reason: