AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 40

begemot61 >> :

I had my doubts too. With the script, everything seems to be correct. What about the EA? Maybe we should run it once with default settings before optimization. At the beginning of trades it will be clear that the history is correct. If we judge by the time of losing or by the number of deals, we will see that it works correctly and the quotes history is adequate.

You just need to make sure that trades start from 2008.09.15

and end on 2009/09/15.

The number of deals should be around 8800. plus or minus 100 deals will not make a difference. The difference in quotes will not affect the time either. tenths of a percent of the performance difference, I don't think anyone is interested.

Docent >> :

The quotes may be quite adequate, but the properties of the trading account may be different, and to such an extent that it will be reflected in the trades. That's why I would like to have a look (at arbitrary, but published by you settings) at "report" tab of tester, in test mode, not optimization.

What do you mean by "trading account properties"?

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

What do you mean by "trading account properties"?

Leverage. Max order volume. "Margin Call Limit.

Svinozavr >> :

You have an error in your own optimization time data of 213*2.53=538.89

Your run time was 2:49, i.e. 169 secs, not 213. Where did the 213 come from?

Yes, it was 169. I corrected it myself. I don't remember what the deposit was, but it wasn't 10,000, it was considerably less. Now the time has increased significantly for some reason. Still, I think it's about the disk system. My HDD is a weak one, ATA. It seems to be accessed, although fxt file is small (37 meg).

Anyway, not everything is clear here. If I delete the histories before optimization, then somewhere during optimization some hitch occurs at about 40-50-th deal and the optimizer thinks for about one and a half minutes and then starts moving forward again. But the time is obscene - more than 4 minutes. My CPU and memory are not so weak that they could be responsible for such a poor result. That's why I'm thinking on HDD.

Docent >> :

Leverage. The maximum volume of the order. "The margin call limit.

It has nothing to do with the order volume, but it is the leverage and MC.

Do you think that MC may occur in a specific case and the EA will not be tested on a specific run anymore - that is the reason for the speed?

>> Yes. It may be.

Yes, optimisation is a lot more variable than scripting. But it still gives a general idea of the stones.

A deal can be made like this.

1. open a demo at a specific DC.

2. Download the minutes from the MC.

Then there will be no differences. Do you have any suggestions on a particular DC?

Yes Alpari, what else. Just whether those who have already shown results will bother with it again...

Mathemat, I don't see the need to delete the history file (fxt) every time.

The cache is another matter.

And I wouldn't "blame" it on disk either - imp120's variant to put terminal in RAM doesn't change the situation significantly, though latency there is at least 3 orders of magnitude less than HDD. At the same time four2one and begemot61 have overwhelming speed advantage although they used HDD.

joo, on what settings was the test performed? Please post the settings as well as the "report" tab and the equity graph.

Then compare it to the corresponding data of our record holders and we can draw some conclusions as to the correctness of the test.

Svinozavr, my quotes are from a well-known broker under the letter A :) I have forgotten the password from the demo but I have connected it to a real micro account.

I am going to sleep now, we will continue the exchange of opinions tomorrow :)

Looks like the topic is about to grow from AMD and Intel to the best system configuration: SATA vs ATA vs SSD, DDR vs DDR2 vs DDR3 and also frequencies of motherboards and bus bandwidth....

In general, it would be interesting to learn what affects most and what is the best to pick up the computer on the parameters, and then build a couple of configs for trade, for optimization, for neuronoks and multicurrency and other things....

I do not know I'm actually for myself now picking up Atom for trade (although I look towards VIA Nano)

Reason: