AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 41

You can do it like this.

The same Expert Advisor, but it does not perform any trading operations. It turns out to be a pure experiment on the optimizer's speed on a particular procesor.

Of course, I do not care about quotes of different brokerage companies and account properties.

I am attaching the files.

Files:
pack.zip  6 kb

Mathemat >> :

Yes Alpari, what else. Just whether those who have already shown results will bother with it again...

I had Alpari US, demo, deposit 10000, leverage seems to be 100.
I did not install it on Opteron and Heon, I just moved the whole directory. There was no connection to the network, but the history was already downloaded.
The trades were opened from the first day, I checked it on purpose. It was draining somewhere in the middle of the interval, I don't remember exactly.

Dmido >> :

Looks like the topic is about to grow from AMD and Intel to the best system configuration: SATA vs ATA vs SSD, DDR vs DDR2 vs DDR3 and also frequencies of motherboards and bus bandwidth....

In general, it would be interesting to learn what affects most and what is the best to pick up the computer on the parameters, and then build a couple of configs for trade, for optimization, for neuronoks and multicurrency and other things....

I do not know I'm actually for myself to trade now pick Atom (although looking toward the VIA Nano)

If you're interested, I can, for fun, test it on a netbook with a 270 Atom and SSD.
The results are likely to be worse than any of the systems tested.
For trading, though, why not. For optimisation, you'll be waiting a long time.

begemot61 >> :

If you're interested, I can, just for fun, test it on a netbook with 270 Atom and SSD.
Results will most likely be worse than any of the systems tested.
Although for the trade - and why not. For optimisation, you'll have to wait and see.

It's perfect for trading! You don't need a UPS, you're not tied to a location, and the speed of the bot is good enough for your needs.

If you test systems for trading, the criterion should be the autonomous operation time without network, as well as the number of network connections. After cracking wired ezernet, we switch over to wi-fi. With it fag - we switch on wi-max. If it's too bad, bluetooth and from mobile phone or GPRSedge modem. Well, and if, this, I do not know what, on the diesel-up through RJ11. But the last one is exotic. I haven't seen a usual modem in netbooks (and in laptops too). Ahh! Those were the days! 2400/9600 with MNP5 hardware error-correction - as I remember it now...

begemot61 >> :

If you are interested, I can, for fun, test it on a netbook with 270 Atom and SSD.
Results will most likely be worse than for any of the systems tested.
For trading, though, why not. For optimisation, you'll have to wait and see.

It would be cool to know what it's capable of at all, and whether it will overtake at least the very old gems (though unlikely, the old stones will still be more complete).

By the way, no one knows about the SSD? There number of rewrites is not so great, and addressing to small files is slower (although in general faster than HDD) if you take the SSD will not kill the other month its logs and MT4 history of the entire drive?

Mathemat >> :

Added TorBar and Imp120 results to the table.

The memory frequency is odd because the BIOS has lowered the frequency due to the lack of a paired board. Otherwise it's standard.

Mathemat >> :

Yes Alpari, what else. But will those, who have already shown results, bother with it one more time...

You are already using MT5, aren't you? It would be a good idea to find an optimisation test so that the data obtained now can be

Compare then also with MT5. Is it possible ? If yes, I think people will do their best.

Dmido писал(а) >>

By the way, does anybody know about SSD? The number of rewrites there is not so much, and addressing to small files is slower (although in general faster than HDD) if you take an SSD will not kill in a month another their logs and MT4 history of the entire drive?

If we are talking specifically about SSD (and not just about USB Flash Drives, or various SD/MMC/CF, etc.), then modern controllers schedule write operations so that the load is evenly distributed across all cells. I.e. even if the same file is overwritten all the time, the cells are almost always different. So even ~10 000 cycles (for MLC) will last for a very long time.

Particularly Intel for its M-series SSDs guarantees that the drive will be able to write up to 100GB per day for 5 years. True, they are "only" guaranteed for 3 years, but we're unlikely to have 100GB per day in testing anytime soon.

As for the speed of accessing ANY (big/small) files, modern SSDs can be inferior to ANY modern HDD only on linear (sequential) operations. But on such operations their speed is good enough as it is. At the same time during casual access (main "brake") even server "15 thousandths" HDDs are not capable to approach them by any means in speed. Well, access time differs by orders of magnitude! The same is in the number of input-output operations per second.

So the only limiting factor is price.

Imp120 писал(а) >>

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2000 MHz), cache 2x512 KB L2 (Socket 939) RAM: 4*512MB PC3200

Script test 90 sec, optimization 318 sec, ticks 1:09:06

If I place terminal in RAM, results will be slightly different )

Test script 86s, optimisation 297s, by ticks 49:01

Do you create virtual disk from RAM and place terminal on it ?

Please share your experience in this area.

>>Thank you.

Reason: