AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 47

Just a laptop.

HideYourRichess >> :

Just a laptop.

I don't care if it's a mainframe. Where are the screenshots of the configuration?

Added.

I'm going to test an Atom-powered netbook tomorrow.

I think netbooks are the most promising topic for the future.

HideYourRichess >> :

Added.

I'll test the netbook on the Atom tomorrow.

I think the most promising topic, for the future, are netbooks.

For trading for sure. Not for optimization/testing. If there will actually be support for more than 1 core, then... Eh! Opterons rule!!!

Also, an old desktop, 8 cores, two 4-core processors.

The laptop's better than that.

Svinozavr >> :

For trading, absolutely. Not for optimisation/testing. If there will actually be support for more than 1 core, then... Eh! Opterons rule!!!

Why do Opterons rule?

HideYourRichess писал(а) >>

Also, an old desktop, 8 cores, two 4-core processors.

The notebook will be better.

Notebook is better because of its frequency, bigger cache and faster memory, and only in this particular test :)

HideYourRichess >> :

Why Opterons rule?

Number of cores/price.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

For trading, absolutely. Not for optimisation/testing. If there will actually be support for more than 1 core, then... Eh! Opterons rule!!!

If there will be multi-threading support - then Core i7 rules unequivocally. There is a comparison on the net between Intel's Nehalem architecture server 4 cores and Opteron 6 cores. At least Intel is not inferior.

The comparison was carried out for server tasks, i.e. where multithreading is currently the best implemented.

Besides, Intel's 6-core is just around the corner.

Docent >> :

The notebook is better because of the frequency, larger cache and faster memory, and only on this particular test :)

It was also seven times cheaper, in terms of money.

Reason: