AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 34

Thanks, Docent. I just didn't know that this technology has existed for a long time in AMD as well (though it's quite logical). Well then everything is clear with the BLACK_BOX case. Unhealthy sensation. We leave the data in the table the same, with a frequency of 2.2 GHz.

It's quite a topic, isn't it?

By the way about the combatant's calculations...

PhenomII X3 - 4100

Good(!) motherboard with integrated video (not to cram too much) 3900

Or just a normal 1900

And plus memory, depending on your mania. You can get by with 3Gb of DD3, then about 2000

In general, just over 10000 (if you add more for the case, and HDD, though I think everyone already has this kind of stuff at home a lot)

For me the difference of 9000-15000 thousand with Sore i5 (which is 5-10% better than phenom, and even then not everywhere) is not worth it...

If 3 cores are not enough, let's add 1000-1500 and get a quad-core.

In general I think AMD is the best for work these days, and it's better to throw the surplus on depot.

Made the edits that Docent pointed out.

Still waiting for the optimization tests. Of course the newer rocks are especially interesting, but not so new ones are interesting too.

The table is still a couple of days away from being finalised, and then it will have to be copied into a new post (the table is now here).

P.S. If anybody would like to post tests of configurations, which haven't been here yet, you are always welcome.

Docent >> :

It's really quite simple here. All modern processors have no-load power-saving technologies. In particular, this processor has simply reset its idle frequency from 2.2 to 1.0 GHz. For AMD processors this technology is called Cool'n'Quiet (C'n'Q). Moreover, this technology is indicated by a supply voltage of 1.1V, which is absolutely insufficient for 90nm desktop processors at nominal speed.

By the way, Mathemat, your screenshot of CPU-Z shows the same thing: at idle the processor has reduced clock speed from its nominal 2.53GHz to 1.6GHz and supply voltage to 1.16V. Here too, power saving, but Intel's version of Enhanced SpeedStep.

Well, that's what I wrote about. The frequency should be evaluated at maximum CPU load.

Yeah, begemot61. How are your Zeon-Opterons doing? Don't you miss the optimisation tests yet?

Shit... lost in the pages...

Can you tell me if you need to run the optimisation for the test?

kombat, I try to give the link in the latest posts. It's on page 28 of the thread now, just remember. It'll be there for a couple more days as well.

Run Celer 430 1.8GHz and Stump 2180 @ 2 GHz.

Mathemat >> :

Yeah, begemot61. How are your Zeon-Opterons doing? Don't you miss optimization tests yet?

Almost ready.

I'd be wary of using integrated graphics unless it's really necessary.
If it uses the same memory. CPU access to memory will sometimes be slow. There have been
references to how well amd plays ND with integrated graphics. It's true and the integrated graphics
AMD's are incomparably better than I's. By the way, this can be one of the big pluses of AMD when buying
economical platform. But we are counting, not spinning videos.

Well I have a built-in (256 MB). But 4 GB RAM is also quite enough...

Mathemat >> :

Well I have a built-in (256 MB). But I have 4 GB RAM too, it's enough...

Yes, I have. And the results are quite decent for this brick. But it's not about memory size.

It's just that the access in this case is not parallel.

It's either the GPU or the CPU. Or my paranoia.

Reason: