MetaTrader does not reflect reality ! How can I fight this ? - page 21

Mathemat >> :

Oh, I haven't seen such a miracle yet. Can we see the header of the report with a picture - and be sure to cover the period of the drain?

You can say anything on the forum and show any state as a "confirmation".

LeoV писал(а) >>

It just all started with a discussion about the drawdown. It was said that like more than 40 pips the drawdown is not real. I said that the drawdown is a matter of MM, it can be 1000 pips, but then the profit should be adequate. I gave an example of a real TS where the drawdown was 700 pips. But then I was told that the trades on OOS should be not less than 300 pips. So I'm asking - isn't it too much of a limitation for profit? After all it is clear - limitation of losses leads to adequate limitation of profits. Or is it believed that restrictions only unilaterally affect losses and not profits?

These limitations, pour in what you are looking for. On the certainty that your system will work in the future. I always thought that was a simple truth. I'd like to repeat it. It's not about winning that matters, it's about not losing.

mql4com писал(а) >>

Anything can be said on the forum and any state can be shown as "proof".

No, I really want to see this miracle. I have not seen similar ones in Kodabase (no pips, no martingaleur, no overshot, 0.1 lot, 1000+ trades - 2.0+ profit-factor).

P.S. You may well post this report in the "Have you seen this pattern? Oh God, people who understand it will appreciate...

Mathemat писал(а) >>

No, I really want to see this miracle. Of those posted in Kodabase I have not seen similar (not a pipser, not a martingaleer, not an overpowerer, lot 0.1, 1000+ trades - 2.0 profit factor).

P.S. You may well post this report in the "Have you seen this pattern? Goodness gracious, those who understand it will appreciate...

And how do you determine the pipsizer - by short targets or by position holding time?

Prival писал(а) >>

These constraints, pour in what you are looking for. On the certainty that your system will work in the future. I always thought this was a simple truth. I want to repeat it. It's not about winning it's not important, the main thing is not to lose.

It is clear that the main thing is not to lose. You must work, not play, and this requires a certain MM. Without a loss there will be no profit - there are costs in any business. So then you can put the money under the mattress - then you won't lose....))))

Symbol EURUSD (EURO vs US DOLLAR)
Period 15 Minutes (M15) 1999.01.05 14:00 - 2009.03.24 16:59
Model By open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar open control)
Parameters lots=0.1; period=15; magic=7777;
Bars in history 253371 Modelled ticks 506304 Simulation quality n/a
Chart mismatch errors 0
Initial deposit 10000.00
Net profit 30993.82 Total profit 42008.49 Total loss -11014.68
Profitability 3.81 Expected payoff 9.56
Absolute drawdown 12.00 Maximum drawdown 335.44 (1.39%) Relative drawdown 1.39% (335.44)
Total trades 3241 Short positions (% win) 2067 (80.45%) Long positions (% win) 1174 (79.13%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 2592 (79.98%) Loss trades (% of all) 649 (20.02%)
Largest profitable trade 89.88 losing deal -120.00
Average profitable deal 16.21 Deal loss -16.97
Maximum number continuous wins (profit) 36 (659.62) Continuous losses (loss) 7 (-68.46)
Maximum Continuous Profit (number of wins) 659.62 (36) Continuous loss (number of losses) -273.35 (3)
Average continuous winnings 6 Continuous loss 2

Is it a pips? The entry and exit limits are adaptive. Position holding time (15 min - 8h) :)

A good question. First of all, on short targets. I understand that a position can be held for two days, taking 20 "new" pips of profit out of it - and that, if humanly speaking, wouldn't be a pips. But such goals are almost always associated with short hold times as well. And Metaquotes in their Ch-08 rules stipulated exactly the aspect of short targets when defining pips.

P.S.: Do you think if I enter a position before the strong news, hold it for a minute and exit with a 50 pips profit, it will be a scalping?

P.S. I see the report. Great. I hope there is bar opening control in the system?

And is it far from winning? So, it's a little early for me to declare such parameters - or I didn't take into account all the requirements...

Prival писал(а) >>

These constraints, pour in what you are looking for. On the certainty that your system will work in the future. I always thought this was a simple truth. I want to repeat it. It's not about winning it's not important, the main thing is not to lose.

The game on Forex is very similar to poker, because every hand has its own probabilities, they are constantly changing, though not as fast as on the market. In any case any market is a game of market makers, sharks and small players.

In poker every turn someone always loses a chip and another half a chip.

So the only option not to lose is simply not to play.

To win in poker you need a clear strategy and even if you lose, you can guess and stop.

When you join the market you are in any case have a chance to lose a bit or everything, unless you have the Fed or something more powerful behind you, because even the Fed can go bankrupt.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

A good question. First of all, on short targets. I understand that a position can be held for two days, taking 20 "new" pips of profit out of it - and that, if humanly speaking, wouldn't be a pips. But such goals are almost always associated with short hold times as well. And Metaquotes in their Ch-08 rules stipulated exactly the aspect of short targets when defining pips.

P.S.: Do you think if I entered successfully to the strong news, hold it one minute after it was published and exit with 50 pips profit, it will be a scalping?

>> Yes, it would be scalping. In spite of the name, all the unpleasantness associated with pipsing for the broker (as well as for the trader) is related to the short time to hold a position. And this time is determinative for this concept; short targets is only one of the ways to be less in the market. At least in a profitable position. imha.

Most of the speculators on this forum play the "All In" strategy on the first move.

Try doing the same in poker...

Reason: