Paper "AMERO" will replace the dollar by spring!? - page 26

learned some things - everyone here is some kind of encyclopaedic genius)

Relax... the weekend has begun... ;)

17:00 USD Chairman Bernanke Speaks on Panel at Convention in Ph

on the panel so on the panel... where else is he going to talk...

kombat, the weekend, eh, just the right time to take a wider view from helicopter height, in a relaxed state of mind '-)

timbo писал(а) >>

A strong national currency is not beneficial to any normal country.

That's true, only given the US debts, a weakening dollar already looks like a "cheat" and could cause some backlash from creditors, and then the process of weakening the currency could become poorly controlled, finish....

Figar0 >> :

That's true, but given the US debts, a weakening dollar already looks like a "scam" and could cause some backlash from creditors, and then the weakening of the currency could get out of control, finish....

Isn't the dramatic strengthening of the dollar over the last six months a "scam"? And if a "rip-off", by whom?

Some kind of creditor backlash is mandatory and normal. They can "demand" higher bond yields, i.e. simply refuse to buy bonds as expensive as they were yesterday. And the US needs to sell new bonds to cover old ones. So if we see bond yields go up in the near future, it means the lenders are offended, and if there is no increase, it means they have taken it for granted.

"Nothing personal, pure business."

timbo писал(а) >>

... So if we see an increase in bond yields in the near future, it means the lenders are offended, and if there is no increase, it means they have taken it for granted.

"Nothing personal, pure business."

do you have a bond yield curve, and if you don't mind marking on it where the lenders have taken offense. Thanks in advance.

I have no bond history, it's not my scale of investment yet. However:

10-Year UK

10-Year German

10-Year French

10-Year Italian

Clearly investors are more "offended" by Italy than Germany and the whole of Europe is less favoured than the USA, even after the FR announcement and the fall of the 10-year bond yields.

2-Year100

10-Year101

30-Year97

(c)Bloomberg

Talked to my cousin yesterday, who has lived in America for 20 years. He is as pro-American as Timbo. He says interesting things.

For example, queues at gun shops. People rush to buy guns and ammo. Or another thing: the Congress has passed (or is about to pass - I do not understand) a law, which has retroactive force and is directed against a particular group of people. For the States it is a case of unprecedented and unconstitutional. We are talking about that 150 billion bailout AIG received from the government. The top managers have received huge bonuses from this amount, which is contrary to the law, because this is public money. Now, they are going to rectify this situation retroactively by levying a 90% tax on this income.

Fun life there ! :-))) Timbo will tell us why this is good and right.

Первая леди США превратила лужайку возле Белого дома в огород

A wave of outrage around the AIG insurance company has caused a threat to the corporation's employees. As a precautionary measure, the company's management advised its staff not to walk alone in the evenings and park their cars in well-lit areas, not to wear the company's logo on their clothes and to try not to attract attention

Yurixx >> :

Talked to my cousin yesterday, who has lived in America for 20 years. He is as pro-American as Timbo. He says interesting things.

For example, queues at gun shops. People buying guns and ammo in a hurry.

Rightly so, for soon they will have to talk to each other in the language of nine grams. Wild West. What can you take from them but overdue promissory notes?

Reason: