I'll give you money for "upgrading" (improving) the EA! - page 3

Scriptong >> :

Of course, it really takes a lot of patience to trade 0.01 lots at 50,000 :)

And at the same time the lot of some positions goes up to 6 - Martingale. That's what he's holding on to.

With a depo of 50,000 and 0.01 lot a 25% drawdown...

I will optimise it and see how it plays, for now I can say that in the test from 2000 it drops to 2003, so the potential is there.

By the way, if we take into account that Expert Advisor used to leak on the place of equity failures, everything is not so gloomy, but we still have to work and work with it...

It seems to me, since the EA has more positive trades, you could try adding a trick so that after the first (or even after the second) negative trade, the EA does not really open, but makes virtual trades. And when virtual trades become positive, then the Expert Advisor will start opening real trades again. We can see from the screenshot that there are unfavourable periods. Thus, it will wait for them without opening real trades.

The martin should be removed. Then it is possible to play with a larger lot with less risk. How about this?

zxc писал(а) >>

It seems to me that since the EA has more positive trades, you could try adding a trick so that after the first (or even after the second) negative trade, the EA does not really open, but makes virtual trades. And when virtual trades become positive, then the Expert Advisor will start opening real trades again. We can see from the screenshot that there are unfavourable periods. Thus, it will wait for them without opening real trades.

The martin should be removed. Then it is possible to play with a larger lot with less risk. How about this?

It is unlikely, you cannot do without martin here, or you can, but it will be a completely different EA.... see my first post in the previous thread

That's how he now sets a stop loss, a la trailing stop.

tim21701 >> :

This is how it now sets a stop loss, a la trailing stop.

when the situation is obvious, it is quite possible to trigger it - for example, by prohibiting short or long positions!

this is what i call a POINT!

you just see a breakout, you read the news - you know that yesterday Japan came up with something

the whole market turns around! you put a machine without short positions and you mow!

---

at some point you take it off and see where the next wave is headed!

why do you need FULL AUTOMATS! semi-automated ones are enough!

do you agree?

YuraZ >> :

when the situation is obvious, it is quite possible to trigger it - for example by prohibiting short or long positions!

this is what i call a POWERFUL!

you just see a breakthrough, you read the news - you know that yesterday Japan came up with something

the whole market turns around! you put a machine without short positions and you mow!

---

at some point you take it off and see where the next wave is headed!

why do you need FULL AUTOMATS! semi-automated ones are enough!

do you agree?

I agree. But the screenshot above is not my work, it's the EA's action. Xrust has added to the code the possibility of stops, which it did not have originally. Now it works this way; it opens order and creates take and stop (if Sl=xx is specified in settings), then, if trend reaches take point, trailing stop is triggered and stop loss is simply removed from screen when not needed. Example on the screenshot above

tim21701 >> :

This topic was created to attract the attention of MQL4 programmers, as a continuation of this theme.

Screenshots and Expert Advisor are attached.

Test readings

Real profit (Maximum drawdown per night - 52 pips)

Here are the settings:

MMType=0
UseClose=false
UseAdd=true
LotExponent=1.667
Slip=0.0
Lots=0.1
LotsDigits=2.0
TakeProfit=64.0
Sl=0
PipStep=63.0
MaxTrades=10
UseEquityStop=false
TotalEquityRisk=20.0
UseTrailingStop=true(sorry, I can't set its level)
UseTimeOut=false
MaxTradeOpenHours=48.0

EURUSD, time M1.

Is this EA "ilan" by chance?

I'd like to upgrade it myself, but so far no one has responded...

If you try it, be careful! and in general, never look at the balance chart. look at the equity chart. it's money. and the balance is "soap" money...

(The algorithm of this Expert Advisor needs to be improved, so that the equity follows the balance).

Here are the results of the EA's run since 2000:

Unfortunately the report file doesn't fit, so I have it on my website in the files

Reason: