Avalanche 6.2 - page 12

khorosh:
There are a lot of orders opened inside the bar. Not good:)))

The fact is that in the tester equity is going upwards, not balance upwards but equity downwards, the basic idea of my elaboration is that ALL indicators show further price increase with a 50/50 probability - in other words, the system needs an MM, but taking the risks into account

SZZ: OrderCloseBy() function has not been cancelled

khorosh:

My avalanche has had such a picture for the last two months.

Are the first orders randomly placed?

IgorM:

I didn't think I'd be interested in Avalanche either, but alas ... :)

As for the subtext: the avalanche is useful if you set the initial direction not by chance but taking into account the indicators, the avalanche channel is useful if you set not a static but a dynamic one, the avalanche is useful if you trawl the profit, the avalanche is useful if you manage MM properly (you should also know how to lose)

i have been testing this code on demo for 24 hours - the result is very impressive, a screenshot from the Strategy Tester at https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9878 - this code was taken as a basis

for now, but I will be reworking the code, thanks to PPC for the code

Igor, look at the avalanche 7 page in the codebase, with your light hand I added a few lines for a couple of hours, got avalanche extra, there are a couple of reports in the main article: for the whole 2009 and 2010 (not done together - not enough space on the C drive). Of course, unambiguously better, but IMHO still on the brink of the abyss - I'm too demanding for products (and Galina says: WHAT).

PPC:

Igor, look at the codebase page avalanche 7, I'm with your light hand for a couple of hours added a few lines, got avalanche extra, there are a couple of reports in the main article: for the entire 2009 and 2010 (not done together - not enough space on the drive C). Still on the brink of the abyss.

Sorry, but I do not even think to fear the "brink of the abyss" because I have not seen drawdowns of more than 6 lots per year using my definition of the channel width, and if you consider that you can use volatility data for the past period, then another grail

ZS: If you are still on the topic, you may chat about optimizing an Avalanche, but the point is not in an Avalanche, but in the profit

IgorM:

Sorry, but I don't even think to fear the "brink of the abyss" as I have not seen more than 6 lots of drawdowns in a year, using my definition of the channel width, and if you consider that you can use volatility data for the elapsed period, then another grail

ZS: if you're still on the topic, you can chat about optimizing Avalanche, but the point is not Avalanche, it's the profit

If you've looked at the extras report, the profitability over 1.5 years is ~13-15%/month, which is generally pretty good (IMHO), but 50-60% drawdowns - EXCEPT. It seems to me that this is where the matchmaking needs to be improved. If we could achieve MaxLot/StartLot<=16. While I'm thinking...

PPC:
If you looked at the Ekstra report, the profitability over 1.5 years is ~ 13-15%/month, which is generally pretty good (IMHO), but 50-60% drawdowns - EXCEPT. It seems to me that this is where the matchmaking needs to be improved. If we could achieve MaxLot/StartLot<=16. While I'm thinking...

If you looked at my chart, there equity is ALWAYS above the balance, i.e. the avalanche can ALWAYS be bluntly stopped

IgorM:

If YOU have looked at my chart, there equity is ALWAYS above the balance, i.e. the avalanche can ALWAYS be bluntly stopped

Igor, it seems to me. You are mistaken. You are referring to the pits on the chart and the equity on top (I am referring to the chart you provided in my codebase article). I don't have equity bubbling like that, but it's also climbing into the plus side. The matter of the matter is that the tester draws this image during instant closure of group orders when the specified profit is reached. In your case, real-time visualization of equity is not that good: when the 6th order with the lot 3.2 was opened and the price moved in the wrong direction, equity is falling into deep red.

Leaving tonight - will be on the 2nd of September.

PPC:

Igor, it seems to me. You are mistaken. You mean pits on the chart, and equity on top (I mean the chart you provided in my codebase article). I don't have equity bubbling like that, but it's also climbing into the plus side. The matter of the matter is that the tester draws this image during instant closure of group orders when the specified profit is reached. In your case, you have visualization of equity in real time, but everything is not so happy there: when the 6th order with 3.2 lots was opened and the price moved in the wrong direction, equity goes in the deep red.

I'm leaving tonight - I'll be there on the 2nd of September.

In fact, you should just create a simple filter with a ban on opening trades at inappropriate (or bad) times.

Vinin:

In fact, I just need to make a simple filter that prevents trades from being opened at odd (or bad) times

I am still working on the channel (change the width)... Of course, and we'll play with time later - that's kind of a given :)

PPC:

while I'm working on the channel (changing the width)...

I was looking at the same thing today. Only maybe the periods were different
Reason: