[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 849

abolk:

print -- ticket_sell and show variable ticket type

Thanks a lot, I'm working on it...

The result of the execution

OrderModify

can be 0 and 1 :) but not -1 etc.

Elliotttrader:

Thanks a lot, I've been working a bit...

The result of the execution

can be 0 and 1 :) but not -1 etc.

To be completely correct in terms of syntax, the result is of the bool type

so we should not compare it to numbers, but to false and true

Afternoon!

Can you please advise me if there is a script that sets a low-loan position after a specified number of points when you open a position?

Thank you!)

Is it possible for the EA to turn itself off under a certain condition?

Mathers:
Is it possible for the EA to turn itself off under a certain condition?
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/126745

Hello everyone.

This is my first time writing here and I registered specifically to ask.

Story: "Cut off losses and let profits grow; hope dies last - so kill it first".

From my experience of manual trading: I opened, and now I'm in the red. Stop = take and = 100p, trawl = 15p (or 25-20 is not important). Negative balance bounces back and forth, my hands are tied by open positions and only hope says: well, it will go to the trawl, well, a little more. What is the result? We have not closed orders at take (+100p). But stop loss (-100 points) is not frequent, trailing 3-5-20-50 points occurs frequently. As a result slowly, but surely we are losing.

So I thought: what if I change trade to the opposite - i.e. I stop trailing (because in this case I do not want to increase profit by trailing), but when I am in red zone - I take a TP. In this case we should decide at what level the position will be loss-making rather than profitable and take a trailing TP after new negative extremums (you can also leave it to take a stop lossless position). If we trawl not a stop loss but a take one - perhaps there will be an opposite trend - a slow, confident growth of the deposit?

The essence of the idea: to create [advisor] trailing take, which is automatically activated at a specified level of loss on a deal [in pips] and sets take profit by itself at the same value [or set]. With further increasing of loss the take profit is retraced - generally it's like in trailing stop, but vice versa.

In general, if any of programmers find this idea reasonable, and if someone writes such an assistant... ...I'll be waiting for your opinions.

I tried my Expert Advisor on H4 period, at first it was good, and there were results, but then for some reason it started to upload minutes, 15 minutes, 1H in optimization mode,

and optimize on them, although I have checked the 4H period... what's going on?

Rossi:

I tried my Expert Advisor on H4 period, at first it was good, and there were results, but then for some reason it started to upload minutes, 15 minutes, 1H in optimization mode,

and optimize on them, although I have checked the 4H period... what's going on?

I got it, it started to optimise in ticks mode...

Does anyone have (or link to) a universal init() to determine 4/5 digits, minimum lot, margin, etc. to finalize code for working in different brokerage companies

Every time I open a new chart - it opens on the H1 timeframe at the smallest scale and with bars.

Accordingly, every time I click to zoom in on the chart, change the bars per candle, and change the timeframe.

Question: Can I set it so that the chart always opens on a minute timeframe immediately as candlesticks and the like?

Reason: