[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 732

Another question has arisen.

I use the TS to open a new bar and compare its price and the opening price of the previous bar with the indicator value.

I have a lot of signals that do not work. I think that is because

From Reference:

самый последний бар не считается посчитанным.... 
в момент прихода этого последнего тика обрабатывался предпоследний тик), и пользовательский индикатор не был вызван и поэтому не был рассчитан

How to skip some ticks after the bar opening?

MarkTrade:

How do I miss a few ticks after a bar has opened?

If the number of bars has increased, a new bar has arrived. We reset the tick counter to zero and run the subroutine that keeps track of the number of ticks. As soon as X number of ticks have arrived, the subroutine stops running and the main program takes effect again.

cyclik33:

Let me explain it with an example.

Let's assume the following strategy: the EA opens a trade at the beginning of each day. if the previous day was bullish, the trade is buy. if it was bearish, the trade is sell.

we need :

1 the EA starts its work.

2) If the previous two days were bearish and we were (supposedly) opening to the sell direction, but we would have caught a lot (supposedly), then today we are really opening to buy or to sell.

3 if we have not had 2 virtual losses, the EA waits until they appear, and then opens a position.

The strategy should naturally be different, but the point is this.

But there is one point, how to make a deal virtually! There are many variants, for example, in silent mode, without performing a transaction, according to a certain algorithm, calculates the signal and simulates the position, but then there has to be a code that should be used for modelling (to determine which trend is bearish, bullish, etc.). Another option, as mentioned above, is to use objects that will be read by the Expert Advisor and simulate a deal.

Infinity:

I asked what other pairs except the standard ones, ok, some pairs have small spreads at night, but they cannot be traded because there is no volatility, 3-5 ticks per night back and forth,... What pairs have bigger spreads but with volatility?
If you do not want to bother, it's easier to open the terminal, put H4 or D1 and look the amplitude of changes. That will be an approximate volatility.

Andrei01:
It is easier to open the terminal on H4 or D1 and look at the amplitude of changes. That will give you an approximate volatility.

Well, yes, but it doesn't work for me... Because candles on such timeframes may be significant, and when converted to a small timeframe, the candles will be insignificant, but directed, .... So, I'm trying to find out if there are pairs that move during the night.

internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please

Is that it, a limit on the size of the programme?

Abzasc:

internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please

That's it, program size limitation?

it's a stack size limitation - maybe you looped a function call and thus overflowed the stack, maybe you declare too big/many array in a function

ZS: this is a data handling error

Is 3 dozen arrays a lot? There are a lot of loops too, almost all of them are 8 arrays each... what a mess.

The funny thing is that the error looks like this

'SymbolSellColor' - internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please

the colour interfered with the compiler, like...

Hi all. Finally made it here. Guys, I need some help. I tried to reinstall the program several times, even deleting the root folders, nothing changes, I found a similar indicator somewhere in the web and installed it, but again I got these ill-fated letters. I have contacted my broker, and they could not help, they say that this is the first time they have encountered this problem and advised to contact the MT software publisher. I still do not know how to use this program, I am not sure how to work with this program. Just to make it clear, I'll show a screenshot of the terminal window http://i082.radikal.ru/1007/5c/53339667e832.gif
Reason: